FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Re-name a sub-city

<<

:NickRox:

Post Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:34 am

Re: Re-name a sub-city

Personally, if my city was stolen, I would like to still have a shot at finding it before it gets hidden again and it's name is changed ;) but I'd am very fond of this name changing idea, I just think it would have to be expensive. I'm thinking 50 coins or 100,000 to 250,000 money. That way, if a person steals your city they will have to at least show a little more effort than they would like.

Another option that I just thought of XD: How about the cost of a name change has to do with how many coins have been invested into it, by upgrading any resource past lvl 15... Maybe each 10 coins deposited into the city to upgrade past level 15 will add a 2 coin cost to the cities name change, or 5,000 cash per 10 coins invested. So if a city is stolen (or the owner just wants to change the name of it) with 4 lvl 16 crop resources it would cost 8 coins or 20,000 money to change :) as a branch city gets more and more coins invested it costs more and more to change the name... It's just an idea that I thought of in 10 minutes ;) so don't mock me lol
.....nIcKrOx---Server7---2nd Duke.....
....:NickRox:--Server38--1st Noob.....
<<

TatsujinK

Marquis

Post Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:33 pm

:NickRox: wrote:Personally, if my city was stolen, I would like to still have a shot at finding it before it gets hidden again and it's name is changed ;) but I'd am very fond of this name changing idea, I just think it would have to be expensive. I'm thinking 50 coins or 100,000 to 250,000 money. That way, if a person steals your city they will have to at least show a little more effort than they would like.

Another option that I just thought of XD: How about the cost of a name change has to do with how many coins have been invested into it, by upgrading any resource past lvl 15... Maybe each 10 coins deposited into the city to upgrade past level 15 will add a 2 coin cost to the cities name change, or 5,000 cash per 10 coins invested. So if a city is stolen (or the owner just wants to change the name of it) with 4 lvl 16 crop resources it would cost 8 coins or 20,000 money to change :) as a branch city gets more and more coins invested it costs more and more to change the name... It's just an idea that I thought of in 10 minutes ;) so don't mock me lol

1- It would be hidden anyways :P and that's way too much, people were argueing over 50,000 lol!
2- Hmmm, then again, it's at the players own risk to use money they spent on something they know, may be stolen. We have to look at both sides here. I understand some people would be annoyed if they lost a city with level 20 iron and crop, i'd be very annoyed, yet again, it's my fault for using coins on a branch city, when i'm 100% aware it can be stolen at any point.

Vayneglory wrote:Post count doesn't matter, quit bragging about it.

Am I the only one who laughs when people put "Very active" in their signature next to their name?
<<

Patsy

Beginner

Post Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:17 pm

great. lol i have several accounts made one after another when i reached lvl 10 that have dumb "themed" city names that look pretty dumb around my main. it'd be great to change it for example i have a "slave town" city name which will prolly be pretty bad to a lot of ppl. id love to change it lol
<<

nV_Jon

Beginner

Post Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:30 pm

Im not a fan of the idea simply because when you have a city stolen, someone will be able to just move it then "rename" it, therefore you will have little to no chance finding it again. Thats the only problem i see in this
Phantasm Designs™ is now creating logo's and signatures. Send me a PM for details.
<<

Yodac

Warlord

Post Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:36 pm

the map is already big enough, that if your city is stolen, you may not ever find it, especially if they keep moving it. i dont think we need something that confusing added to the game. right now, this game is pretty basic and straight forward. thats a big reason why so many people play it.
http://www.yodac.net

Yodac wrote:People would be more interested in life, if life gave more interest in them

FOR SUPPORT: Ask me a Q.

Vayneglory wrote: Post count doesn't matter, quit bragging about it
<<

TatsujinK

Marquis

Post Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:51 pm

Yodac wrote:the map is already big enough, that if your city is stolen, you may not ever find it,
especially if they keep moving it. i dont think we need something that confusing added to the game. right now, this game is pretty basic and straight forward. thats a big reason why so many people play it.

.... >.>

Vayneglory wrote:Post count doesn't matter, quit bragging about it.

Am I the only one who laughs when people put "Very active" in their signature next to their name?
<<

Yodac

Warlord

Post Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:56 pm

haha? ....... -.-

Yodac wrote:People would be more interested in life, if life gave more interest in them

<<

Rushil

Citizen

Post Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:32 am

I agree Yodac, but changing the name doesn't make it harder to find. They could just move the city, and you would never find it. What would make it fair would be having the name change cost just as much as it does to move the city, so that people don't abuse it!
<<

Kindness

Citizen

Post Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:37 am

An excellent suggestion! I would personally prefer the subs to be renamed either instantly after capture or by using coins.
<<

Yodac

Warlord

Post Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:38 am

i think if they want to incorporate this, they should make it cost atleast as much as moving your main city.

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions