FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Re-name a sub-city

<<

TatsujinK

Marquis

Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:46 pm

Re: Re-name a sub-city

redgun wrote:How about, an option to change it for free after you just captured a city, and for your own subs it costs coins - maybe 1-5.
I like the idea, especially with only being able to change it once every 30 days.

Whether this may happen or not, I also like the way it is now, if someone loses a sub they've used coins to upgrade, they'd pretty much hate it if the name was changed and they couldn't find it to take it back..

Firstly, I like that idea "capturing and renaming for free"
Secondly, I don't think many players would like to use valuble coins just to rename a city, especially if your like me having to rely on freebies because you can't buy coins. Although, this would make players buy more coins... yet again, it would also be very annoying to use them up.
Lastly, it's a game, if someone looses a city they used coins on, they should learn to defend better, that's all I can say. Also, take into account, how often do you actually find your sub city? Usually, I move cities i've captured to an isolated spot, subsequently no-one can find it....

Vayneglory wrote:Post count doesn't matter, quit bragging about it.

Am I the only one who laughs when people put "Very active" in their signature next to their name?
<<

JacobJew

Baron

Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:10 am

yeah i wish i could change my subs names, so this is a good idea
S118 (103) (12) - JacobJew - Level 16
S92 - _Jacob_ - Lvl 4
Also inactive in servers: 117, 121, 113, 109, and 86.

Check out my Guide to Gaining Prestige: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=8092
<<

Rushil

Citizen

Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:39 am

I second that! I captured a city a couple weeks ago named "nastyville"?! I would love to change its name but unfortunately I can't.
<<

redgun

Elite

Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:29 pm

I still think if people created a city and chose a name for it then they should be stuck with it 
Crimson

See you at the Crossroads..

<<

TatsujinK

Marquis

Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:57 pm

redgun wrote:I still think if people created a city and chose a name for it then they should be stuck with it 

Ok, could you back that up with something? Why do you belive that?..

I'll add it in if you d 8-)

Am I the only one who laughs when people put "Very active" in their signature next to their name?
<<

Omgitszeph

Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:06 pm

I think the ability to rename a sub would be great. especially in regard to Subs you steal. I feel a fee in coin as redgun suggests at a fair level would serve the purpose well . :)
<<

Scapucino

Beginner

Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:14 pm

i would say that it would be better to have the cities you captured to be renamed by money like 20,000 but the ones you created should be 5 coins

JUST LIKE REDGUN SAID
<<

TatsujinK

Marquis

Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:58 pm

Scapucino wrote:i would say that it would be better to have the cities you captured to be renamed by money like 20,000 but the ones you created should be 5 coins

JUST LIKE REDGUN SAID

EDIT: got it :)

<<

Little_1

Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:44 pm

I would pay coins like 2 per city I would like to rename I agree about adding this change

Only your true friends know what the quivers in your voice, half-hearted smile, and look in your eyes really mean...
<<

XzyluM

Post Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:51 am

I'm not too fond of the idea. I've had sub cities stolen many times. And you can bet I spent time searching every square on the map to find my sub city and take it back. If people are allowed to change the name of the sub city, it's near impossible to find your city. Part of the fun in Haypi for me is scouting. Especially for any sub cities that have been stolen. Whether it be mine or an alliance member's sub city.

If you stole someone's sub and didn't like the name, you should have thought about that before you decided to steal it.

Same can be said for those of you that made your sub city with an name that may be offensive to others. Personally, all my subs are named the same as my main city. Good luck figuring out which city is which.
PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions