FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Restrictions for moving cities

<<

Iarwain

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:28 pm

Restrictions for moving cities

Of course I understand that selling Haypi coins is a major part of Haypi's business model, and to use them to get quick access to resources or treasures or to speed things up a bit is fine for me. However, some players (who obviously do not mind spending lots of money which of course is fine for Haypi, at least for the short term) have developed an attack strategy that highly depends on coins and is frustrating for the lots of players who cannot afford this. Those high-rollers (if I may call them this way) simply move around their whole cities to speed up their attacks. The most sophisticated strategy I've yet found is the following: They attack from supposedly "weak" players from their alliance or an associated alliance, and when the defending players have formed up their adequate defenses, those attacks are recalled moments before they would hit, then out of nowhere a new city appears from which a much more powerful and devastating attack is commenced which hits within seconds, giving the defending player virtually no time to react in an appropriate way.

I understand that limiting the use cases for Haypi coins affects Haypi's business model. However, Haypi has already made a very wise decision to prohibit buying population for coins. All players, regardless of whatever amount of money they can afford to spend for a game, simply have to wait until they have enough people to upgrade infrastructure or training troops. It takes time to create new people (like in real life), and no money in the world can accelerate this process. This is, in my opinion, one of the wisest rules of the game.

Moving a city as I understand it is a very useful way to revise a wrong decision regarding a city's location. As a matter of fact, one cannot influence the initial location of the main city, and there should be a way to relocate it, and it's okay that one has to spend coins to do this. One may also be not too happy with the locations for the branch cities, and of course there should be a way to change these, too. But now some players have found a way to pervert this useful feature to a means of devastating attacks. I therefore suggest that moving cities should only be allowed under some limitations:

- A player may move each of his cities only once in 24 hours. Once he has moved a city, he will have to wait at least 24 hours to move it to another location. This way, he cannot perform this kind of "hyperspace jumps" like in science fiction TV shows (moving to the target, attacking and moving back to safe havens within a few minutes). Even if it were allowed once per day, the attack strategy would simply change to "jump in at 23:59, jump out at 00:01". It is therefore crucial that there has to be a real waiting time, the date change event on the server does not provide an adequate delimitation here.

- Moving a city should not happen without any delay - it should take at least the same time it would take the slowest type of troops (siege engines) to dispatch to the destination. Actually, it would even be a bit more realistic if it also takes time to tear down the old city and build up the new one. The moved city should at least not immediately be "ready to use", it should take a reasonable amount of time (e.g. at least half an hour) before the player is allowed to commence an attack from his moved city.

Haypi's decision to prohibit buying population has turned out to be right - all players have to obey the rules of time, and there is no concept as "producing people out of nowhere" or even worse "buying slaves". Now Haypi has the chance to make another wise decision - there is no way that whole cities can be moved within the wink of an eye in real life, and there should be no way to do this in the game, either.

Of course, those high rollers will stop to spend lots of money on moving cities (they for sure will continue to buy resources and treasures and speed things up). But in the long run I expect more players to have fun in Haypi Kingdom (which is one of the declared goals of this game if I remember correctly) and maybe spend some dollars from time to time, either by buying coins directly or downloading featured apps - just to get a few resources, buy a treasure they desperately need or to speed up things a bit. On the other hand, if this kind of attack strategy is not soon disabled by the game's internal logic, the word will spread, and players with low budgets will refrain from playing Haypi Kingdom at all. Soon enough, the servers would become deserts.

Regarding the player-vs-player tournament these rules for moving a city could of course be different. If there's an iPhone or an iPad or whatever to win, players may spend as much money as they like, and they may use whatever strategy they want to.
<<

Sand275

Beginner

Post Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:44 am

Re: Restrictions for moving cities

Good Idea, I really do dislike the advantage gained by porters
<<

GoldenRico

Elite

Post Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:41 am

Moved to Suggestions
Global Forum Moderator
Server03 BadBoy

Brah..... Why you mad?

Fear the Power of the Collar Mute
*Pops Collar*
<<

Bahpben

Veteran

Post Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:34 pm

Of course I understand that selling Haypi coins is a major part of Haypi's business model, and to use them to get quick access to resources or treasures or to speed things up a bit is fine for me. However, some players (who obviously do not mind spending lots of money which of course is fine for Haypi, at least for the short term) have developed an attack strategy that highly depends on coins and is frustrating for the lots of players who cannot afford this. Those high-rollers (if I may call them this way) simply move around their whole cities to speed up their attacks. The most sophisticated strategy I've yet found is the following: They attack from supposedly "weak" players from their alliance or an associated alliance, and when the defending players have formed up their adequate defenses, those attacks are recalled moments before they would hit, then out of nowhere a new city appears from which a much more powerful and devastating attack is commenced which hits within seconds, giving the defending player virtually no time to react in an appropriate way.
If you have cavalry and subs spread around, you can get some nice hits without warping.
<<

Backburner

Marquis

Post Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:33 am

I disagree because teleport/warping is the best way to obtain large amount of prestige, this is essential considering high level requires millions of prestige to progress. If people cannot teleport and attack at will, it would mean that high level players will see alot less battle action and rely on the slow and reptitive process of fort farming - army pumping to gain prestige. And people can do this without every having to spend coins. But at the same time it will be extremely boring to play the game so it's actually a lose-lose for both sides.

The teleport/warp option was not in Haypi at the very beginning, and when people reach around level 15 the game became extremely dull and alot of big players left due to this. I think to keep active players playing and paying teleport must not be removed or limited.

At the end of the day, the best defense against people who teleport/warp is completely up to you, if you know how to protect yourself and stay vigilant, there is no reason anyone would spend the coins to teleport to you. (Of course when alliances go to war then that may be different).
<<

Quweef

Post Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:32 am

I support this idea. :)
Server 9 - Quweef Aussie25
Server 27 - Hehheheheh
<<

Owens4real

Baron

Post Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:03 pm

sorry, even if you get pwned by 15 warpers its a good idea for the high level players and economically speaking, haypi can make a lot of money of warping.

S6 - Bobby4real
s12 - Kevin4real
S13 - Owens4real
S27 - Owens2.0
S36 - Barna
Gamertag: bobby4real
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord" - Romans 6:23
<<

BompBomp

Post Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:10 pm

In my eyes this is just a gripe of a player that has been wiped due to carelessness.

If Haypi were to implement any of these suggestion it would lose a very large part of its revenue stream within a few weeks. I think it is safe to say that majority of top players on most servers use these tactics and without them you would see a mass exodus. That is something if they want to continue and grow this game would not be a good financial decision.

Learn to better protect your troops. If you leave them out that is your own fault and well you deserve to have someone port in and wipe you out. I know personally I will port to anyone with more then 5k prestige worth of troops out in an instant.

Good luck to you and feel free to message me if you need some pointers on how to play better.
Server 27 - BompBomp
<<

Ilsalta

Post Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:57 pm

BompBomp wrote:In my eyes this is just a gripe of a player that has been wiped due to carelessness.

No, it's an unfair advantage plain and simple. I've lost a large quantity of troops less than two minutes (I've compared the timestamps of the notices) after they had gotten back to my city. Hell, I've had my troops wiped out just in the time I went into chat, typed a couple of lines, and came out again. The only way you can mitigate that sort of attack is if you glue yourself to your iphone and make sure there is no delay whatsoever between actions. I've had this happen several times now, so the only explanation is that I'm being stalked by high level players because they've figured out I'm trying to make a decent go at this game.

Most of us are casual players and just want to have fun. If 15+ level players are bored, that's not my problem. They should complain to haypi that they don't have anything to do. How much money is haypi losing because you few self-centered players are ruining the game for everyone else? I bought some coins myself with real money cause I wanted to support the game and get access to some of the higher level stuff like >15 resources.

But I'm not dropping another dime on this game if this is the kind of crap that goes on.
<<

nIcKrOx

Warlord

Post Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:39 pm

The fact that you left your troops out for 2 minutes and got wiped, then later went to chat and got wiped, makes me laugh because you havent understood how haypi goes ;)
\-Haypi Kingdom-/
Server102-King
Server83-1st Earl
-----------------------------------------
\-Haypi Monster-/
Server2-Lvl 19

May his noodly appendages keep us from floating up to the sky.
Ramen.

FSM
Next

Return to Suggestions