FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Withdrwl and Defensive Changes

<<

XstickerzX

Citizen

Post Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:41 pm

Withdrwl and Defensive Changes

ok, lots and lots and lots AND LOTS of people are always complaining(including me hehe :D ) about withdrawl and how it doesnt give ANY prestige. We also complain about how people hunt to save themselves from an attack. This is what i think:

1-The game should AT LEAST give or take away from the people a fraction of what they would've gotten or lost, like maybe 1/2 so if someone already lost 400 prestige worth of troops they instead would lose 200 prestige to the other person.

2-Pretty simple idea, the defensive person can only send their troops hunting a minute before they are attacked, so the person attacking isnt always being led into a trap AND so that they have a better chance of actually being succesful in their attacks...

PLEASE ADD ANY OF YOUR IDEAS ON THE MATTER

IF YOU DISAGREE JUST SAY SO AND THEN GET OUT, I HATE ARGUMENTS THAT PEOPLE COME UP WITH BECAUSE OF THE DUMBEST REASONS :evil:
sorry for the bad avatar pic, it says:

BEARS ON MOTORBIKES
with SCUBA grear machinegunners in sidecars. Give up already.
<<

XstickerzX

Citizen

Post Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:09 pm

Re: Withdrwl and Defensive Changes

I3 U IYI P... I think this is pretty important...

BEARS ON MOTORBIKES
<<

Shadetale

King

Post Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:39 pm

Bumps should only be used after atleast 24 hours. Remember this. Thank you (:
Shadetale wrote:Everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how misguided, misinformed, or misunderstood it may be... :/
Former Forum Moderator
Former Expert
<<

Dudemanjr

Veteran

Post Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:57 pm

u want to use this against other people but once they use it against u u will want it chanfged back to how it is now i dont really like the idea
S4
<<

XstickerzX

Citizen

Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:23 am

well this is just an idea, maybe make it 1/4 or even 1/6 prestige gain or loss, which would make it less hard on the person, and for the hunting thing, u could make it a bit longer than a minute before the attack, that was just an example, cuz i know a lot of people lose internet connection or have to be somwhere else for a lot longer than a minute, we could even make it based on the length of time until you attack, like if someone was 4 hours away and attacked, it could be 1 hour before it gets to you tjat you can hunt whereas if you were 40 minutes away it could be 10 minutes befpre the attack that you can hunt...idk ADD ON TO THE IDEA...it doesnt HAVE to be exactly the same as my first post

Besides, i think it will be pretty good, i have backed out twice and it was because i didnt know about a persons defenses...which doesnt make sense cuz i had a full report... But anyways, ive played for a while and two times is NOT a lot... Im just cautious, like others should be and it is EXTREMELY hard to attack someone right now so why not make it a LITTLE easier...anyone wanna support?

P.S.
sorry shade, i forgot :(

BEARS ON MOTORBIKES
<<

Caladan

Veteran

Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:04 am

Ok, in war the person who retreats is the loser of that battle. I don't feel like you should ever be able to gain prestige from this. If anything you should lose some just for "losing" the battle.

And the hunting thing. Wouldn't it be a pain if you brought your troops in from hunting, kept them in the city for a sec while you answered a pm then when you went back out 2 min later to hunt them you find out a guy from 4 hours away is coming to attack, so you have to wait three hours or whatever before you can hunt them?
I agree that it would be better if there was some way to more reliably attack cities, but just don't feel like this is the solution.
Beware the Artesians!!
<<

XstickerzX

Citizen

Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:48 pm

well then change the idea around IDEAS ARE MEANT FOR REVISING AND EDITING, besides...unless you have a RIDICULOUS amount of resources or troops out, why would they attack you from that far...and even then, looking at someone four hours away at the perfect timing probably has happened to someone ONCE in all of haypi... just sayin

p.s.
considering what you just said about the person who retreats ive REVISED AND EDITED that idea... maybe you could only gain if you were on the defensive side? and only the person who retreats could lose? or if the attacker was going to gain a lot of prestige he could get nothing, like it already does happen that way...if someone retreats then the only person who COULD gain, even if it wouldnt always be get prestige, would be the defender...im a LITTLE close to confusing myself right now so i hope im not confusing you...

BEARS ON MOTORBIKES
<<

Caladan

Veteran

Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:00 pm

lol, no not too confusing. It sounds like a good way to implement it to me. Basically a retreat means no prestige gain and probably a prestige loss for the retreater, and a prestige gain or at least no prestige loss for the one who remained. Does that sound right?
Beware the Artesians!!
<<

GoldenRico

Elite

Post Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:21 am

Im guessing you probably have less than 1k catapults because most high levels wont attack from far away they will move their branch next to you and crush you. Taking away the ability to hunt is a very bad idea and this is coming from someone who applies this strategy to destroy most people.
Global Forum Moderator
Server03 BadBoy

Brah..... Why you mad?

Fear the Power of the Collar Mute
*Pops Collar*
<<

Obelisk

Citizen

Post Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:30 am

this strategy sound stupid for the fact that someone can just destroy another person army by waiting and without having to tackle the traps and turrets and get off with prestige. no prestige should be gain by withdrawing. traps an turrets are the offseter for prestige gain by opponent. rather, i prefer the developer to think of a way to counter army loss due to lost connection or attacking when a person is offline. hunting so far had been the best solution. but i think more can be done to improve the mechanic of the game to make it fair. glitches and bugs need to be fixed as well as connection problem.
Next

Return to Suggestions