FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Player-to-Player Trade

Your opinion, please read thread before voting.

1.Yes, we should be able to transfer without/not many limits
16%
2.1.Yes, we should be able to trade in private for gold
8%
2.2.Yes, we should be able to trade in private for gold/resources
20%
3.Yes we should have aliance banks to deposit and withdraw stuff
36%
4.No, this is a horrible idea.
16%
5. Other(Please post)
4%

Total votes : 25
<<

Darkon

Lord

Post Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:55 am

Player-to-Player Trade

I know this has been suggested before, please don't just read the title, post "it would be abused too easily, never happening", and leave. I'm posting all my thoughts on it, sorry if this/some of this is a repeat.

P2P trade has been suggested many times. It is a pretty good idea, in my opinion, as long as it is implemented right. Considering the amount of people having suggested it, it sure is a popular idea that people want.

First of all, the suggestion itself. Player to Player trade has been suggested in a few ways, in way of an aliance bank or another market. It basicly comes downn to one thing. We want a way to trade with each other outside the public market. Now to the arguments against this.

The main problem that people point out with this is that it would be too easy to abuse. I havn't actually seen many specifics about this abuse. I'll argue against this from what I understand of it. If you have another way that player to player trade could be abused, please post it here.

From what I have read, the main way people say it could be abused is that new accounts can use their begginer coins to buy treasures, and pass these treasures to others.

Considering people do have power to make multiple accounts, this is a problem. But it is a problem that already exists. It can already be done using the public market, it's just harder. So, instead of using the already existant problem as an excuse for not putting in p2p trade, fix it. Then either way, the game is better off.

A good way to fix this is to make it so anything bought with begginer coins cannot be sold on the market, or through p2p trade. That is one idea. If it doesn't work out, I am sure another can be figured out.

The only other complaint I can remember is the other way around. Experienced players giving things to newer ones. Again, this can already happen, it's just harder, but I won't get into that. I don't actually see this as a problem, since this isnt a single player game, it's an mmo, and multiplayer interaction is important, as much in helping each other as attacking each other. However, if it really is considered a big problem, limits can be put on trading, as I will get too in a bit.

There are a few ways I can see Player-to-Player trade working. Here they are.

1) Sending resources and treasures to others. This is the simple ability to send things to other players, without limits. It would of course cost people.

The above is my opinion, but I understand why people would disagree.

2) Trade with limits. Limits would ensure that people trade things of "equal value". This is also another solution to abuse.

2.1) Trade for value in gold. You have to buy things for a certain amount of gold(At minimum). Could be decent but I prefer:

2.2) Trade for resources/treasures. This could be harder to implement but would be nicer. Maybe you could only trade treasures for gold, but be able to trade one type of resources for another. Perhaps at a different rate depending on the resources: for example woodto crop might be at 1:2 or something.

3) Aliance bank. This could go with or be instead of other suggestions. The alliance bank would be a place where members would deposit and withdraw resources and/or treasures. Needs to be put in more detail but thought I'd mention it anyway.

Finally, another problem I just thought of. There would then need to be some incentive to use the public market. Best way is to add some further limits to p2p trade:
1.Make it take more people to transfer resources/treasures by p2p trade then market.
2.Make it take time to transfer resources when trading by p2p trade

Done. I have a couple other suggestions I'll be posting soon-ish too.
Last edited by Darkon on Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Future Head Mod of the forums - accepting bribes NOW!
<<

Ahuizotl

Post Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:28 am

Re: Player-to-Player Trade

I think you should be able to trade items. The coin traded for these items should be within the same limits as the marketplace for these items. Mailing resources and coin would create an instant imbalance. Buying/trading items from another player should be an option, especially within an alliance.

A larger player buying an a chest for maximum wouldn't create any more imbalance than a low level player gouging another player on a lucky sale to an ignorant noob or 'timing' a sale with a high level alliance leader or pal. "hey dude, I'll put that lvl 1 chest up for 50K now. Buy it when you get a chance."
<<

Darkon

Lord

Post Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:33 am

That's a good idea too.
<<

Darkon

Lord

Post Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:56 am

Those of you who voted that it's a bad idea could you please point out a reason why? (After reading the ideas of my post)
<<

K2700

Warlord

Post Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:30 am

i would have voted for all the yesses but for some reason it wouldnt cast them. but anyway i still like the idea and have posted many things about this and i do not want to continue debates about yes we should and no we shouldnt i am just going to go with the flow and see what happens :)
Retired expert
<<

Darkon

Lord

Post Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:50 pm

So nobody wants to counter what I've said here? Votes indicated that people disagree, please say why.
<<

Squirtle13

Baron

Post Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:59 pm

i voted for the first 4 just because the fact of the matter it would really be a great idea, it would also save the risk of putting say a Crown in market for 100k so your teammate can buy, what if teammate doesnt buy ?? someone else gets ?? then your screwd out of 900k... you try and do nice things and it back fires of course we should be able to trade in private.. you should be able to go on map, look up friend, click on their city and request trade.. i think we should be able to diffiantly do this
Squirtle13@hotmail.com

Republic
<<

Darkon

Lord

Post Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:02 pm

Yup. Hopefully if enough people agree here, it'll make the devs think about it atleast.
<<

COWBOYDUKE

Post Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:55 pm

Player to player trade does make sence in the context of members within an alliance. the purpose of an aliance is to help eachother out. And if you have a lower level player who needs those extra resources to help get him going, you should be able to do so more conviently. same with treasures. if they need that nugget or gem to level up, and you have an extra, they should be able to buy it off you in a private trade, vs throwing it at the public market and shouting "posting now, GO!" and hope they get it.
An alliance resource bank would be a nice feature too.
Anything like this to help reinforce the purpose of what being in an alliance is, with helping out your neighbor.
<<

Kevstev

Citizen

Post Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:16 pm

I voted no, its a bad idea because I like that everyone is on an equal footing now- you know that level 7 guy worked to get his gem, not that his friend is in a strong clan, and they gave him a bunch of stuff.

Technically you can trade with people directly, you just have to do it at the marketplace, and run the risk that someone else will get it before you, which for plain resources is a real risk, but not really an issue when it comes to treasure.

The idea of an alliance bank/vault for items is interesting though. That could be pretty cool and seems to work in other games without affecting gameplay too much.
Next

Return to Suggestions