FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Ensuring combat and protection

<<

Smivps2

Post Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: Ensuring combat and protection

sometimes it lets you sell, I'm not sure why, glitch maybe.
<<

Caladan

Veteran

Post Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:36 pm

I've got mixed feelings on this.

On one hand hunting troops makes it possible for newer guys to build up an army without a lvl 15 destroying it everyday.

On the other hand it would be nice if those lvl 15s could be a little more vunerable.

Maybe it could be made where you get a certain percentage of there prestige for every succesful attack against their city. But only if they are equal or higher lvl than you.
Beware the Artesians!!
<<

Smivps2

Post Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:42 pm

something along that order would be nice, it seems like 95% of the people you attack just run away.
<<

Acaellum

Baron

Post Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:47 pm

I only run if i know for a fact i will lose, this is usally when a few thousand cats are a minute away!
<<

Ahuizotl

Post Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:50 pm

Caladan wrote:I've got mixed feelings on this.

On one hand hunting troops makes it possible for newer guys to build up an army without a lvl 15 destroying it everyday.

On the other hand it would be nice if those lvl 15s could be a little more vunerable.

Maybe it could be made where you get a certain percentage of there prestige for every succesful attack against their city. But only if they are equal or higher lvl than you.

well I factored both those issue in. You lose prestige based on how much is lost in resources (.001) and lose more based on your rank (increasing loss at a rate of .001 or.0005 per rank). So this would absolutely encourage people fairly and proportionally. Basicly I don't think you should gain for winning an undefended raid but I abolutely think you should have something to lose. For sake of simplicity if programming for a gain and loss is easier I wouldn't object to that.
<<

Acaellum

Baron

Post Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:25 am

Also this idea will make it easy to get prestige from all the inactives, ive seen some with tens of thousands of resources in an inactive city, this means alot of easy prestige from your 5 attackes.
<<

Ahuizotl

Post Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:58 am

Acaellum wrote:Also this idea will make it easy to get prestige from all the inactives, ive seen some with tens of thousands of resources in an inactive city, this means alot of easy prestige from your 5 attackes.

Well my origional suggestion is based on losing prestige for losing raids. If its too complex to only program for losses, I'd agree that gaining prestige for undefended raids creates a bigger problem. When I said I'd support gains or losses if the programming was too complex I didnt factor in the dead accounts. Thanks for pointing that out.
<<

Ahuizotl

Post Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:02 am

Acaellum wrote:I only run if i know for a fact i will lose, this is usally when a few thousand cats are a minute away!

Regardless if you run or not the fact remains this is a clear way to avoid combat and prestige losses. You could lock down a target for days with slow unhidden attacks and hope for a hunt harvest but I don't belive this loophole was forseen and I'd like to see it closed. Ultimately this might prove to limit combat and increase diplomacy, which would also serve to make the game more engaging and ineresting.
<<

Acaellum

Baron

Post Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:11 am

It would be too hard with all inactive acounts but we do need to find a way to keep people from allways hunting, also please dont double post, i dont mind but vayne or shade will get onto you about it.
<<

Bdavis12

Citizen

Post Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:47 pm

i love shades idea
PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions