FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Time for me to complain...

<<

Bugatti

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:36 am

Time for me to complain...

about recall. Yes I am sure this is the hundredth post on the topic but the game mechanic needs to change. I like the idea of a recall to save the attacker from complete loss but taking out the prestige is easily abused. For instance I was recently attacked by someone using 10k/10k/10k/20k. I was able to wipe out all the cats, archers and cavs leaving only the footmen left and the person recalls. I lost about 4k cats in the fight so would have been somewhere in the vicinity of 220k prestige!

I knew the person would recall prior to the fight but only defended to protect my turrets. Now here is the problem and how it can be abused. The attacker will always get a counter attack on the defender (at least in my experience fighting high level players with max stats). I have to decide if I want to protect my turrets at the cost of a few thousand cats and recieve no prestige for my losses or just let the attacker wipe out all my defenses. This becomes a very difficult decision for lower level players causing just about everyone to hunt and rebuild defenses later.

I think recall should be useable only before the first or second round and any losses suffered prior to recall should result in prestige.
This still allows people to recall if they see an army bigger then they expected and gives the defender a reason to defend!

Well I am tired and just lost my train of thought. So thats the end of the post.

Edit- Basically with game mechanics the way they are currently there is no incentive for players to defend there cities.
<<

K2700

Warlord

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:35 pm

Re: Time for me to complain...

hmmm the idea does have sense in it and hasnt happend to me but sounds very possible
Retired expert
<<

Darkon

Lord

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:36 pm

Good idea
Future Head Mod of the forums - accepting bribes NOW!
<<

Bugatti

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Vayneglory, why was my thread moved? Yes I posted a suggestion in it but the content of the post was for general discussion. Not as many people read this sub forum.

Also, did you receive my pm? I got no response. Thanks.
<<

Darkon

Lord

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:21 pm

I would say just as many read both
Future Head Mod of the forums - accepting bribes NOW!
<<

TheScythe

Banned

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:13 am

I just look at new posts. Anyway it's been suggested before a couple of times
TheScythe Server 6: The Lords
TheBlade Server 1: Hellsing

Return to Suggestions