FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Holiday Mode

<<

Metalfly

Marquis

Post Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:18 am

Holiday Mode

I am thinking that maybe this game can have a holiday mode for when people cannot manage their account for a prolonged period of time.

This mode should be free to activate, once activated, it would freeze all resource productions and make the player lose all occupied oasis and forts. Alot of people have negative crop production for their troops, so this should be frozen also until the player returns from holiday. The players cannot be attacked by anyone else in this mode.

To make sure people don't abuse this function, there might be certain rules regarding the activation period of this mode. Such as once you activate the holiday mode, you cannot exit the mode for minimum of 1 week. During that time you cannot make any changes to your city, you can perhaps log on but cannot issue any command.

Also, before one can start the holiday mode, the player cannot attack another player for maybe 24 hours minimum. This is to prevent hit and run before someone go on holiday.

I have a trip coming up in two months time and might not be able to login for about 3 weeks hence why I want this function. :)
<<

St4rgrl

Marquis

Post Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:54 pm

Re: Holiday Mode

*cough*deny war*cough*

:D

but yeah, that can get expensive. i know what you mean
Forum Moderator

Expert
<<

Foamcups

Baron

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:54 pm

You only want the function because it benefits yourself only. You have to pay coins if you want that option. :D

Sorry, my vote is NO.
Can't stop, won't stop.
<<

Reize

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:20 pm

This function is good, kind of like a game freeze when we really need it (holidays, urgent real life matters, etc).

As to whether we need to pay coins or not its really up to the developers if it gets implemented I guess..
<<

Metalfly

Marquis

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:33 pm

Foamcups wrote:You only want the function because it benefits yourself only. You have to pay coins if you want that option. :D

Sorry, my vote is NO.

Only benefit myself? Are you serious? I cannot be the only one who will go on a long trip and have a prolonged period where they might not have access to the internet via their phone or ipod.

I want a cheaper option than 10 coins per day for a long freeze where you won't even have to worry about killing off some troops just so the crops wouldn't go negative. Right now it's not even an option to refuse war for more than 5 days, what if I am away for alot longer? Do I have to try to get online to continue the refuse war.

I suppose you can also just leave your cities unguarded and not worry about refuse war, but on the other hand there is the possibility that when you come back all of your sub cities have changed hands, I don't even know what would happen to the troops who are based in that city. I just think a holiday mode would get rid of those worries when you go on your trip.
<<

roaschws

Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:55 pm

I completely agree that there should be a holiday or vacation mode with limitations on its use. People have lives and can't always play.

Is it really fair that when I go on vacation, I have to kill most of my troops so I'm not negative, only to start over again when I get back? I have a vacation coming up and this is the only choice I have.

And no, refuse war does not cut it. Troops will still starve and you will still be required to play if you don't want to lose troops. There needs to be a free option for it. This crap about paying for everything is stupid.
<<

Susie

Beginner

Post Thu May 20, 2010 4:47 pm

i suggested the same thing:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1028&start=0

It can still be easily abused..imagine if people start freezing there account for simple reasons like going to school
~~"I" is the only word I know, "LOVE" is the sweetest thing to say, "YOU" are the only one for me.~~
<<

K2700

Warlord

Post Thu May 20, 2010 5:43 pm

Foamcups wrote:You only want the function because it benefits yourself only. You have to pay coins if you want that option. :D

Sorry, my vote is NO.

i would use the mode as well :shock:
and it can some times get expensive but still u have to come online all the time and refresh ur refuse war which at times u wont be able to do.
so make it so that u can only use the vaca mode for a week or more
my vote is YES :!:
Retired expert
<<

Everestine

Beginner

Post Fri May 21, 2010 1:36 pm

I would agree to this as I have exams coming up and I am focusing on it so I need to freeze it even if I have to pay coins. Thanks!! Paying coins means you have to have a certain ant if coins if you are going away for 10days you must have 100coins in your city and I will minus away daily depends how Long you decide to activate your account again. I hope it can be look into considerations.
Server 1
Diplomic and Military Head of S'pore.
Leader of S'tosa and Marriott.
I am always active in server 1, need my help or got any question feel free to pm me, I will do what I can do to help.
<<

Darkon

Lord

Post Fri May 21, 2010 5:34 pm

my vote is also YES
Future Head Mod of the forums - accepting bribes NOW!
Next

Return to Suggestions