FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

hunting limits

<<

Pike

Post Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:38 pm

hunting limits

REF server 2.

At the moment, the game seems to have stagnated, everybody knows to go hunting and its now virtually impossible to find an army to challenge and gain prestige. As such, theres an increasing number of players having pretty much maxed thier armies (due to crop limitations, even with oasis) because of this, players are now off-loading their excess resources in the marketplace at ever decreasing costs.

my suggestion is simple, limit the amount of hunting time.

This can be done in one of two ways:

1) limit each cities hunting time to 20 hours ( 20 hrs used as an example, it could be 16/18 whatever), so that over a 24hr period - you may hunt as many times as you like, so long as the combined hunting time does not exceed the 20hr total, when the limit is reached your armies automatically return to that city. This can be over a rolling 24 hr period (difficult to explain to some, and would possibly have lots of troubles), or the time could all reset at one time-point. The movement of troops in and out of the city would not be an issue as the hunting time is set to each city. The time is calculated for each hunting 'group' from the same city (example 3 groups hunting different areas for 6 hrs each AT THE SAME TIME would still count 18hrs toward the total). once the 20hr limit is reached armies can obviousley moved to other cities to hunt elsewhere.

2) every hunting 'group' has a simple time recall after 10 hrs. simple, this allows people to sleep/work/school.

this would encourage play for members, and would help increase market value for resources.

dont get me wrong, i think low prices is good for the new player just started, but ive started to regularly see resources being traded for .01 or .02 across the board and stone and crops seem permanently stuck at .02 or .03.

the price is low cos weve all got armies already, nobody is buying...
Last edited by Pike on Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Sameh

Banned

Post Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:39 pm

Re: hunting limits

No, this is a bad idea. if you arenot destroying helpless player's armies this means they are preparing so you do not do that.

this is a part of the gam, an aspect that gives strategy, and a line of defence.
Not everyone can play at every 10 hour interval.

this would be a con to the game and would make people quit after builkding up a nice army and then having it crushed.

i say no to this idea.

The Horsemen Cometh
<<

ledemigod

Marquis

Post Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:41 pm

This is a viable suggestion, and applies to all servers, not just 2. I like it and understand the ''rolling 24 hours'' idea you proposed. I hope others do too.
<<

K2700

Warlord

Post Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:51 pm

i do not like the idea
as said before it partt of the strategy and game
the idea may help the econonmy of the game but it will piss serverel ppl off including my self when i find i set my troops out to hunt i come back and they all got crushed by someone that has nothing better to do then play the game all day
again i do not like the idea
Retired expert
<<

TheScythe

Banned

Post Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:52 pm

It'll crush the new players
TheScythe Server 6: The Lords
TheBlade Server 1: Hellsing
<<

Shadetale

King

Post Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:09 pm

K2, remember to not use profanity.

I, personally with my opinion meaning as little as it does, do not like this idea. This is because newer players will be crushed, and most likely quit adding dead weight to the server, making more lag, and making everybody mad. So therefore, it should never be implememnted. Case closed
Shadetale wrote:Everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how misguided, misinformed, or misunderstood it may be... :/
Former Forum Moderator
Former Expert
<<

Pike

Post Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:24 pm

then how about a sliding scale for hunting...

lower level get 24 hrs up to say lvl7-9
20 hrs lvls 10-12
18 hrs lvls 13-14
16 hrs lvls 15-16

?? how about that??
<<

K2700

Warlord

Post Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:27 pm

hmm still wont happen
(and shade what does profanity mean again?)
Retired expert
<<

Sameh

Banned

Post Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:28 pm

sstill a pointless and highly limiting idea.

The Horsemen Cometh
<<

Darkon

Lord

Post Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:31 pm

I didnt see any real profanity in k2s post
Future Head Mod of the forums - accepting bribes NOW!
Next

Return to Suggestions