FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Haypi needs to do this now

<<

Rweisman43

Beginner

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:54 pm

Haypi needs to do this now

Recently i was thinking about how problems like alt abuse can be solved

Why Not lock a single account to each device and make that account able to go into multiple servers at once without losing all your work on each server? It would remove 85% of the problems on this game...
S117-Rweisman
s124-rweisman43(only acc that's activly used)
<<

Falaron

Conqueror

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:08 am

Re: Haypi needs to do this now

It is already like that. One acct per device. Seems there's a UID faker of some sort to allow ppl to make thousands of accts per device.
<<

Corruptor1

Beginner

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:08 am

Assuming you mean only one account can be accessed per device:

If this solved 85% of Haypi's problems, it would have been implemented already.

Some issues with this:
1- Your device dies, and you've got your whole army out. Now what do you do? If you lose it, support won't return them, and you can't grab a back up device.
2- Main account is tied to iPod Touch, and WiFi goes out. What do you do if you don't have enough crops to make it to the library? You can't get on your phone with 3G anymore.
3- Device breaks and you've got 4-5 hours of crop. You replace it. Support takes longer than 5 hours to respond. You've now starved and lost a heap of prestige by the time support ties the account to the new device.
4- All this means more complaints to support about lost troops, and that means they have to look into it, and that's more work for them.

I think that it would be better if the system only allowed one account per IP address, however if you're in a family of Haypi players, this wouldn't be too great.
There's very little that can be done about alt abuse, except report them to support and pray that they aren't using VPN's to change their IP's. It's really an issue, and I completely understand the desire to get rid of alt abusers -- I know of a great many alt abusers on s120 -- however, there's not much that Haypi can do. Perhaps the best way is to get support teams in multiple countries to speed up the response time(Because not everyone is in China like support is...), but this costs money, and I don't think Haypi Co. Ltd. is really keen on spending. Lol.
s120: Corruptor1(Considering Quitting, Due to Update)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16174

¡VIVA HAYPI KINGDOM!
¡VIVA HAYPI KINGDOM!
¡VIVA HAYPI KINGDOM!
<<

Rweisman43

Beginner

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:01 pm

Well never said they couldn't let you link a single account to multiple devices...my server was basically ruined because of alt abuse and im Positive the same is happening elsewhere...So they gotta do something along the lines of this or go under...
S117-Rweisman
s124-rweisman43(only acc that's activly used)
<<

thLove

Baron

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:04 pm

It's a very difficult issue to tackle. Almost every solution have ways to bypass them. I'm sure Haypi is having a huge headache over this too.
<<

Jigglyjugs

Beginner

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:24 pm

Corr for Expert on s120! :twisted:
The one and only Jigglyjugs of server 120.
<<

Jigglyjugs

Beginner

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:25 pm

thLove, if thats you on the picture. UR HAWT. ;) :P
The one and only Jigglyjugs of server 120.

Return to Suggestions