FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Reimplement Old Alliance Rankings Also!!!

<<

Villan

Marquis

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:59 am

Re: Reimplement Old Alliance Rankings Also!!!

agreed
<<

Nathan05

King

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:08 am

100% support this
how do you let people know if your hot cakes are selling well?

Nathan05
S106
<<

Linuxmint

Beginner

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:19 pm

nIcKrOx wrote:I'm a fan of this idea, and it's been posted a lot, just never officially "suggested" until now.

One problem though, people will get confused with alliance prestige and total prestige. So change alliance prestige to experience and keep total prestige as prestige

Since this new alliance "prestige" is gained differently than old regular prestige (even the battle system is different for amounts gained) it would fit to make this new type of prestige called experience

Alliance_A gained experience 503

I think it would fit nicely, and make it easy for newer players to tell the difference in what each one is

YES! This is a great idea!
<<

Shin-ra

Marquis

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:19 pm

While I think the old ranking is pointless and doesn't really reflect how good an alliance is, it would be nice to see the collective pp of the alliance.

My only problem with that ranking system is that a single player can skew the numbers too much. If a single player has 10,000,000 pp and the rest of the alliance only makes up 3,000,000 pp, then the alliance isn't strong...only that one person is.

The new alliance ranking makes more sense since it is based on team work and not the individual.
<<

Shane1987

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:03 pm

Totally agree with linux and all the guys comments here!! Although this new update can in some ways be pretty cool, it doesnt help those smaller alliances who did work hard as a team to get to a position in the rankings but dont have the coining power of the big guns to ever make a move for level 5 mines! Although, i am in one of the top alliances in my server i do think this removal of the Leaderboards for alliance total prestige has had a bad effect on the hunger of smaller alliances who i had seen in WC saying they are quitting etc!

Now come on haypi, dont cut off those smaller guys who cant coin like the big guys! Let them get a sense of glory by getting the position in the rankings that they aim for, because afterall , for a smaller team a top 30 rank is huge... but in the new system they stand no chance!! Bring back the old leaderboards along with the new!!!!! Come on everyone join us and leave a reply, who knows, we may get them back!! 
<<

Morvalar

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:07 pm

Old alliance ranking should NOT be re-implemented. The whole point of an alliance is to work together as a team. Previous to these rankings, all the top alliances had to do was get a lot of people with high prestige to join, and not even contribute a cent to the alliance. With these rankings it takes lots of contribution from all members to make it to the top, which is how it should be. Turns out that, on my server at least, a lot of the top alliances are still the top alliances after the changes, which does show that the new rankings need a bit of work because they are still in favor of those that spend bucketloads of money on coins. But it's a step in the right direction, making alliance rankings reflect teamwork, not individual accomplishment.
<<

Shane1987

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:27 pm

i cant help but disagree morvalar. I was once in a lower ranked alliance, which in truth had nowhere near the coining power of the top dogs in the server. we were just a great bunch, worked together really well and managed to grow into a very respectable top 10 alliance. all was acheived from pretty much free coins which were few and far between and huge teamwork! we were very proud of our acheivements ranking top 10 without a single coiner in our alliance. and by no means was there any high ranking inactives, just hard working team! but no way would we have been able to rank high without coins in the new update. nothing to do with teamwork, just the fact so much money needed to be spent. who said u had to coin to be top 10 huh? we proved that wrong! The mighty Frosties!!  Good times. now i'm in a top alliance i cant help but admire the smaller alliances efforts, and thats why i'm debating here now! come on haypi , do the right thing!
<<

rjthomas

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:43 pm

I agree with all of the previous comments, its a must for the old rankings to be implemented again. I think it promoted activity to advance not only the individuals but also the alliances up the rankings. The mines don't give the same impetus on alliance wars.
<<

Cowboy3

Post Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:27 am

I really think they should implement the old ranking again as there is no longer REAL alliance wars just alliance leaders and vices war with the rest of us working hard to supply the resources for their war. so PLEASE give us back the old ranking
<<

Leathernek

Post Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:38 am

I agree with all of the above. Besides myself, i know of several players who have become bored being a nobody now that their hardwork at gaining prestige is no longer appreciated or even worth anything to the big picture. Along with the feeling of pointlessness comes a growing sentiment to just leave the game instead of spending anymore money on a system that doesnt reward our loyalty. Demeaning the oridanary members of an alliance is by far the largest oversight haypi management has made. I personally will not b spending any more money nor sustaining a significant army until the time put into such activities is recognized once again. And i am not the only one. BRING BACK OLD PRESTIGE RANKINGS!!!!
LEATHERNEK
PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions