FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Withdraw troops function

<<

Blacktide7

Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:39 am

Withdraw troops function

I suggest the game developers add a prestige loss penalty when withdrawing troops against another player, or calculating the prestige loss when a player withdraws their troops after sustaining casualties when attacking another player.
For example when a player withdraws their troops from a battle no prestige is gained or lost by any side, but this option is only available for the attacker. I feel this is an extreme disadvantage to the defending player. As when the defender has a larger force than the attacker. The attack can always choose to withdraw and avoid a losing battle while the defender does not have this option. Or in the case that the attacker has suffered enormous losses in a battle and chooses the withdraw they will lose no prestige at all making it very disadvantageous to ever fight a large battle on the defending side.
<<

Nathan05

King

Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: Withdraw troops function

this may be good however i have one small point.. when you are the defender you have the speed advantage when speeds are matched... surely the ability for an attacker to withdraw sort of levels out the playing field on this count..
how do you let people know if your hot cakes are selling well?

Nathan05
S106
<<

The_MuKu

Marquis

Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:11 pm

Many factors go into speed for that to be the equalizing aspect. To me, the equalizer is the ability of the defender to hunt or bring in hunts to avoid or defend. You have a choice (if you are online and playing correctly by hunting your troops when you're not using them) whether or not you are going to get hit. The attacker must wait and see, and then be able to withdraw if what you bring home is too much.
I do think that withdrawing troops after you've lost some should be an opportunity for the defender to get some pp. Few people let their entire army suicide itself...
Haypi Kingdom
MuKu s66/s119 inactive
The_MuKu s84/125/134 active
King_MuKu s603 inactive

Haypi Monster
The_MuKu s2 active
<<

Caladan

Veteran

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:41 am

I agree with the original poster. I further suggest that withdrawing cost a certain percentage of your troops (something like 5%). Imagine this situation. Some guy steals your crop oasis. you take it back with, say 2000 cav, then immediately dispatch another 20K, knowing he will probably send 10k to reclaim it. Your troops arrive seconds before his and the battle starts. But he, seeing he will obviously lose, beats a hasty retreat. You've spent time and effort into setting a perfect trap, and as long as the other guy is willing to spend a few coins, he gets off scotch free. Doesn't seem right. You should be able to get a little prestige from making someone retreat, and the retreater (retreatee??), should suffer some (small) loss aside from coins.

And the matter of a battle being half done with no prestige gain or loss is even more preposterous. I mean, you killed the guys right? Shouldn't a war game reward you for that?
Beware the Artesians!!
<<

Alexjz

Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:29 pm

Make withdraw would either cost 0.1% of your total pres the troops worth or cost 5 coins, whichever is higher

E.g. 10k cats, 100k pres worth, 0.1% = 100 coins.

In large battles, people usually have around 500k pres worth, which would be around 50 coin when withdrawing.

If people have less than 5k pres worth of troops, withdrawing would cost 5 coins.
<<

Jiannnn

Beginner

Post Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:20 pm

haha ouch to the withdrawing attacker's wallet with 1mil pp attack

Return to Suggestions