FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Please put more forts and higher level oasis across the map

<<

dunlag

Post Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:57 pm

Please put more forts and higher level oasis across the map

First I hope Haypi can put more forts across the map, especially lower level forts.

Second I hope the level of oasis can go higher level.

The level cycle of oasis can be:
0 > 3 > 6 > 9 > 12 > 15 > 2 > 5 > 8 > 11 > 14 > 1 > 4 > 7 > 10 > 13 > 0
<<

Caladan

Veteran

Post Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:44 am

Re: Please put more forts and higher level oasis across the map

They limit the forts on purpose to encourage more warring. If you want a high level fort you'll have to fight for it and defend it.
As far as the higher level oasis, I think it is just fine like it is. The only useful oasis after about level 6 is a crop oasis anyway.
Beware the Artesians!!
<<

dunlag

Post Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:53 am

Caladan wrote:They limit the forts on purpose to encourage more warring. If you want a high level fort you'll have to fight for it and defend it.
As far as the higher level oasis, I think it is just fine like it is. The only useful oasis after about level 6 is a crop oasis anyway.

As for the forts, what you have suggested was an ideal situation, but that's not what's happening in the game. When a causal player saw a fort was taken by someone from a high ranked alliance, chances are the causal player would leave it alone and go find another fort. It's true that this is a war game, but a good game should consider both hardcore and causal players.

As for oasis, I don't see any disadvantages of making the oasis higher level. As for now, a level 10 oasis only need about 1000-1200 cats to occupy with no loss, and 1200 cats can only take a level 5 fort. That makes me feel like the like of oasis and forts are not balanced.
<<

Caladan

Veteran

Post Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:20 am

The problem I see with higher level oasis is that it would let everyone have bigger armies. Not entirely a bad thing, until you get cropped. Right now if someone takes all your lvl 9 or 10 oasis, most people still have around an hour before they would starve. Now if everyone had bigger armies because the top oasis produced at, say 6000, when that gets taken away, starves would happen a LOT quicker.
Beware the Artesians!!
<<

dunlag

Post Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:28 pm

Caladan wrote:The problem I see with higher level oasis is that it would let everyone have bigger armies. Not entirely a bad thing, until you get cropped. Right now if someone takes all your lvl 9 or 10 oasis, most people still have around an hour before they would starve. Now if everyone had bigger armies because the top oasis produced at, say 6000, when that gets taken away, starves would happen a LOT quicker.

So just because higher level oasis means bigger armies, and bigger armies means when you get cropped, they'll be starved sooner, then you stop expanding the game?

From my experience of war games like this, it doesn't matter how much resources a player can make in an hour, if there's no limit on the size of armies you can build, some people would just keep building. When you have an army so big that you have to take 10 level 15 oasis in order to keep them alive, I'm sure you won't go offline for too long that others can take ALL your oasis.
<<

Xbeast70X

Baron

Post Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:10 am

Caladan wrote:The problem I see with higher level oasis is that it would let everyone have bigger armies. Not entirely a bad thing, until you get cropped. Right now if someone takes all your lvl 9 or 10 oasis, most people still have around an hour before they would starve. Now if everyone had bigger armies because the top oasis produced at, say 6000, when that gets taken away, starves would happen a LOT quicker.

Isn't your last statement agreeing with your point of the forts how they cause more war? If haypi ups the levels of oasis's, and people get starved quicker, that's gonna start quite a few wars logically
<<

Caladan

Veteran

Post Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:20 am

Xbeast70X wrote:Isn't your last statement agreeing with your point of the forts how they cause more war? If haypi ups the levels of oasis's, and people get starved quicker, that's gonna start quite a few wars logically

Haha. I actually had thought of that while I was writing it, I just hoped no one else would notice my hypocrisy. :oops:
I do think that bigger oasis will lead to quicker starves, which probably would encourage more war. But the losses would also be on a larger scale. I worry that the stakes may be to high for some people and they wouldn't enjoy the game as much. Just my opinion.
Beware the Artesians!!
<<

dunlag

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:22 pm

Caladan wrote:
Haha. I actually had thought of that while I was writing it, I just hoped no one else would notice my hypocrisy. :oops:
I do think that bigger oasis will lead to quicker starves, which probably would encourage more war. But the losses would also be on a larger scale. I worry that the stakes may be to high for some people and they wouldn't enjoy the game as much. Just my opinion.

Everyone plays the game differently, just because you think higher level oasis = quicker starve = bigger loss and that may affect some people enjoying the game, hence you wish the game to stay the same and not continue to expand to the next level, that's kinda selfish, or foolish, in my opinion.

If you're an aggressive player that decided to keep all your oasis at the highest level, I'm sure you would always keep an eye on your crop consumption and always make sure your armies wouldn't be starved.

On the other hand if you're just a causal player, you might not even want to build a big army that required you to log on every other hour to make sure you have you enough crops for them.
<<

Caladan

Veteran

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:12 pm

You may be right. Higher level oasis may make the game more interesting. But look at it from Haypi's perspective. What is the shelf life of most games? Less than two years for most I would think. There are exceptions of course, but putting more money into an aging game can be risky, especially when it changes the game. Most companies would rather put that money into a new project, because people alway want to try out the newest thing.
Haypi kingdom is still making them money. Messing with that is something they will probably not want to do.

At the same time, I would like to see them make some changes, maybe even this one. But I can understand why they might be hesitant to.
Beware the Artesians!!
<<

dunlag

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:37 pm

Making oasis and forts higher level shouldn't take haypi too much resources to make it happen. The code for oasis and forts are already there, all they need to do is to change the numbers of troops and the level. It's not like they need to spend a lot of money to develop a whole new system.

Also, if they're going to switch their focus on a new project, then they probably don't need to open new servers to attract new players. Now they're opening up new servers and new players are coming, I don't see why they wouldn't want to expand the game while it doesn't cost them too much resources.
Next

Return to Suggestions