FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New Expert Nomination Idea

<<

Bluehair

Veteran

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:59 pm

New Expert Nomination Idea

t the moment expert nomination threads are a fail.

People are either self nominating them selves with no one else even to agree with them.
Use alt accounts to give themselves many +reps on being an expert
Ask people for nominations.

Then after that you have the arguments that people don't agree with certain people being an expert or argue/flame in the discussion some times.

So here are is a way of smoothing the process out.

1) Make an application process for each server.

Requirements for new experts
- A Minimum play time of 1 week lets say
- At least two people willing to vouch for them ( People can ask for these)
- Be active each day.
- Be able to handle the flaming and trolling that comes with being an expert
- Make it through 1/2 week probationary period

Format of application
In-game name:
Timezone:
Played time:
Ready to accept Trolling and Flaming:
Vouches:
Little bit about yourself:

In-game name: Bluehair
Timezone: Gmt+1
Played time: around a year, most of the time months at a time.
Ready to accept Trolling and Flaming: certainly that's what I want to e an expert because I go into wc and all I see is cussing raging bashing etc
Vouches: Nathan, arthy are both willing to vouch for my ability to answer questions and deal with troublemakers.
Little bit about yourself: I'm a 15 year old guy. My hobbies include kayaking, gaming, going exploring in my local forest. I probably spend way to much time in games but I like them

Process of recruitment for experts
- In each server thread people would be able to create a new thread that must meat the requirements and follow the proper format , if not they obviously don't have the patience to read the forums and should be ignored until they do follow.
- If any person uses Alt accounts to nominate them selves they are disqualified
- Vouchers must come on forum and post a detailed response on why the person should be expert
- Would leave it open for a while to leave people to comment on it.
- Maybe have a maximum of 5 experts on a server?
- The temporary expert should post on each application as well as they know the players best

If Mods/Experts/Support agree to them be a suitable candidate the person would then go for an "interview" of sorts where we would just get to know the person, and be able to see how they react to certain questions.

If that all goes well they would be accepted and made expert.

Pro's of this method.
- Will encourage people to come onto the forums more
- Hopefully will allow us (the playerbase) see what they are like before being promoted
- Help select better candidates for the job.
- Actually get people who want to be expert to give it some thought.
- Support would still have to see the person in the server but experts/mods can made a group decision on whether they should be considered.
- Candidates would hopefully stick with us for longer.

Con's of this method.
- The process is lengthy so on newer servers a temporary expert may have to be placed.
- Requires people to actually get on forum
- May create spam on certain server's sub forum.
- Requires more time from people on the forum to go read the thread.

That's all i can think about for the above any other ideas would be appreciated.

Well yeah XD
Last edited by Bluehair on Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:28 am, edited 4 times in total.
"It doesn't matter how angered or annoyed you get by a person, if all your going to do is copy them and reply in a similar manner, then just don't bother"
"The excitement is in the curiosity of not know ; the knowing it self is no fun"
<<

Nathan05

King

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:17 pm

Re: New Expert Nomination Idea

i think the key to the expert problem is that there must be an expert on the server when the server opens, support must find willing temporary experts before they just start opening servers.

each application can only be considered with this temporary experts approval as they are likely to know the server better than any support or mod. support will still check the history of the player as well leading to an all round perspetive of the player in consideration. this also makes them trustworthy as they have been vouched for by a current trusted expert
how do you let people know if your hot cakes are selling well?

Nathan05
S106
<<

Bluehair

Veteran

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:24 pm

I edited in the temporary expert part.
"It doesn't matter how angered or annoyed you get by a person, if all your going to do is copy them and reply in a similar manner, then just don't bother"
"The excitement is in the curiosity of not know ; the knowing it self is no fun"
<<

Nathan05

King

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:32 pm

Thx it looks gd to me though would be interesting to have an example application though

Edit
Bluehair wrote:People are either self nominating them selves

Well people are hardly likely to self nominate someone other than themselves lol :D
Last edited by Nathan05 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nathan05
S106
<<

Nathan05

King

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:33 pm

-removed by user - made an unnessevary post by accident cos I'm Using my iPod. Apologies to everyone
Last edited by Nathan05 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nathan05
S106
<<

Bluehair

Veteran

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:43 pm

I meant with our current one , this is to actually get people to nominate themselves with people to vouch for them, I'll edit a application in.

There you go also what was the massive quote for ?
<<

DD-pink

Baron

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:21 pm

very good idea... but people are lazy (especially since most of us are teens lol) So this idea has a 50/50 chance of working... of course those who care will post.

Another thing... Maybe we should get experts on different time zones... this way we don't have like 3 experts on at 7pm, and then none on at 2 am.

Good idea overall tho blue! :)
Haypi Kingdom
S610 DD610

1dcampos wrote: it is that when you are rude to people, they are less willing to try and meet or exceed your expectations.

<<

Nathan05

King

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:51 pm

DD-pink wrote:Another thing... Maybe we should get experts on different time zones... this way we don't have like 3 experts on at 7pm, and then none on at 2 am. :)

This could be part of the application process or interview part outlined by blue

Nathan05
S106
<<

Arythy

Conqueror

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:09 am

I like the idea, perhaps it would smooth out the process to a whole new level, and overall help support find the truly best Experts. :) And you're right, "Arthy" does vouch for you... :P
"If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

Haypi Support Emails:

KingdomSupport@Haypi.com.

Thunderball@Haypi.com.

FishSupport@Haypi.com.

DragonSupport@Haypi.com.
<<

I.Am.Stauf

Baron

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:36 am

I really like the idea :) as the expert position is basically a "job" it'd make sense to fill out an application type form to apply to be one. Of course, support should still monitor chat and make sure the applicant is worthy of the title, and an interveiw would be great too. Great idea :D
Ex-Expert--Server 110
You don't quit haypi...haypi quits you...but too bad haypi never quits.
Next

Return to Suggestions