FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Server 69 Expert Nominations Discussion

Moderator: Shadetale

<<

HRH

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: Server 69 Expert Nominations Discussion

Fly I think the forums are a good way for the players to let their opinions be heard. Support also regularly watches chat, in my opinion we have a very good support, Winona quickly responds to letters with helpful replies and I have seen her in world chat multiple times.

By the looks of it you play other servers and therefore you have experience of servers when they are new. It takes several weeks in my experience for servers to calm down and for the experts to really settle. You also forget our experts are under a lot of pressure right now, there are only three and I have witnessed masses of alt accounts hitting the chat and really making their job a hard one.

I do agree, experts are needed, but they will come in due course. I'm yet to cast my vote, as I noticed are you, I am personally looking for somebody who not only upholds chat in a calm, and fair manner, but someone who isn't just playing the server for expert. I know I want s69 to become my main server and so I definitely want experts that can create a fun and relaxed atmosphere in wc, not ones who are mute happy and are just in it for the free coins.

Thanks for bringing this up though, interesting topic :)
S104- Promise, S109- HRH, S69- Yingy69

<<

FlyGuyy

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:28 pm

yeah I kwon what you mean. il just wait to see what happens. thanks
<<

IamDonut

Post Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:50 am

and that ^ is why i cast my vote for Yingy69 on s69... very well said and patient, no whinging rubbish
<<

Dovemoon

Post Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:18 am

I think Luna. should be an expert because she is very helpful and can type FAST :evil:, plus she seems to always be online!
<<

Starlch34

Post Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:26 am

Do we know how many people they are looking to make Experts? I have seen a couple I'd like to vote for...
<<

cassyhill

Baron

Post Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:37 pm

Starlch34 wrote:Do we know how many people they are looking to make Experts? I have seen a couple I'd like to vote for...

Support is always looking at nominations and activeness, so you may post your nominations on the Expert Nominations thread.
Dovemoon wrote:I think Luna. should be an expert because she is very helpful and can type FAST :evil:, plus she seems to always be online!

Please use this link for the Expert Nominations..
viewtopic.php?f=352&t=9955
Server 124 CassyH (expert)-active
Server 93 cassyh93 (expert)-active
<<

PrideRock

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:49 pm

HG69 is a vet from previous servers. I beleive he would do an excellent job as an expert. He has been nominated by myself and lyoness above. He has an unbelievable amount of knowledge and experience and would be a postiive contributor to the haypi community.

Thanks

Priderock aka Frobie
<<

'newb'

Post Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:31 am

An issue of mine is expert advertising, especially in WC. WC isnt to be flooded with these messages becuase it is free vote and there's no need to try to convince anyone. also it may influence a player to vote simply by viewing the advertising, even tho that voter barly new who he/she voted for therefore increasing chances of the player becoming expert. now if that player gets expert is it actually earned? no, he/she got a "spoil" vote. expert is to be earned with raw and meaningful votes to help support make better decisions. i believe it is small details such as this that would lead to better and more motivated experts, not taking anything away from current great experts however there is always room for improvments even to experts.

and a serious question id like to ask... is it possible to be selected expert w/o any player votes?
<<

cassyhill

Baron

Post Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:59 am

'newb' wrote:An issue of mine is expert advertising, especially in WC. WC isnt to be flooded with these messages becuase it is free vote and there's no need to try to convince anyone. also it may influence a player to vote simply by viewing the advertising, even tho that voter barly new who he/she voted for therefore increasing chances of the player becoming expert. now if that player gets expert is it actually earned? no, he/she got a "spoil" vote. expert is to be earned with raw and meaningful votes to help support make better decisions. i believe it is small details such as this that would lead to better and more motivated experts, not taking anything away from current great experts however there is always room for improvments even to experts.

and a serious question id like to ask... is it possible to be selected expert w/o any player votes?

To answer your question yes, it is very possible to be made an expert without any votes. For example, when I was first made expert on s50 I had no prior votes, but support also watches the chat even if they are not even talking, so that may also be a cause because there isn't any "false" intentions (acting good while support is there, then misbehaving when support isn't there when it is known).
Server 124 CassyH (expert)-active
Server 93 cassyh93 (expert)-active
<<

BirdPLANE

Post Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:01 am

I think s69 needs a new expert or two, and needs to remove an expert or two. We have 'three experts' one of which I have never seen or heard of except through the fact they are an expert, and two of which who have other servers taking their time alongside ours. What's the point in having experts that aren't active or committed to one server? Also, many people think we dont need new experts simply due to being a calm server, but why not? What happens if a single player decides to spam or be a menace? Do we just shrug it off and wait for support to pick up the pieces? Also, also, there are a lot of people quitting due to problems with the game etc. If they had someone to direct questions to (an expert) then they could get answers and speed up the fixing process, it isn't right making a full server lean on one support just because it's 'calm'

Ty
PreviousNext

Return to Server 69 Expert Nominations