FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Performance issues after 10-15min

<<

Seen1on7

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:40 pm

Performance issues after 10-15min

Hello,

the game has some real performance issues on wp7. The longer you play, the slower the game gets. It's playable for 10 minutes, then i have to close and restart it because it becomes laggy. You can even see the windmill not running smooth, the bird freezing for some ms etc.
And from minute to minute it becomes worse. This must be a serious software issue (memory leak etc.), i think it became worse with version 3.00. 2.xx have been running better.
From what i know, different players have reported this issue. My friend is also reporting this.

It must be easy for haypi to reproduce this behaviour, so i want a statement on this. Maybe it has to do with how many ressources you produce, how many subs you have etc. but i don't know.

Hope to get this fixed soon because it is really annoying!

TIA,
Seen1
<<

Seen1on7

Post Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:06 pm

Re: Performance issues after 10-15min

Any feedback members/support1?
<<

Lycan76

Marquis

Post Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:36 pm

I have the same problem
Its NOT haypi what it the problem is your RAM(random access memory) in your phone is slowing down and starting to fill up all you need to do is stop what your doing
force close the app(use an app killer(very simple force close)
restart haypi
hit start game
and there you are I do it and i can restart playing in about 20 sec because I keep the app killer as when I turn my ipod to sleep I just sleep, turn on Ipod, type in pw, start haypi, haypi loads, play for 10-15 min, repeat
yes its a pain but when haypi updated to V3.0 adding the flying crow, spinning windmill, and waving flag it caused this to occur. you could say its haypis fault but its really not they just tried to make their game look cooler(which it did) but it also slowed it down
hope this helps
Lycan76 S79 very active

Lycan23 S112 active

Support new Troops
Suggestions on Implementation
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13347
Suggestions on troop types/compilation of new troops
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11925
<<

Seen1on7

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:09 am

Thanks for your answer, but this IS haypi problem - look where you are posting, this is the windows phone 7 forum here!
There is no such thing as "force close" or app killer etc. and no multitasking (yet). Haypi is filling your RAM or CPU or whatever - what else could it be?

I hope to hear from support soon!
<<

support4

Elite

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:04 am

Seen1on7 wrote:Thanks for your answer, but this IS haypi problem - look where you are posting, this is the windows phone 7 forum here!
There is no such thing as "force close" or app killer etc. and no multitasking (yet). Haypi is filling your RAM or CPU or whatever - what else could it be?

I hope to hear from support soon!

Hello,
Just as Lycan76 said, that is because of your RAM, please try to restart your app when you meet this situation again , this will help you to clear the buffer memory.
We will also try to improve our game to reduce the possibility of this, but we can not avoid this happening if it is the decive problem.
<<

Seen1on7

Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:08 pm

No he is wrong, this might be okay for the iphone version but not the WP7 version! It became worse since version 3 and i have NO other apps running. Yes i can restart the game every 10mins but this cant be the solution!

All other games and apps - even those with 3d gfx etc. - run smooth, not matter how long you play.

Ever heard of memory leak? Its always a software issue.
<<

support4

Elite

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:05 am

Seen1on7 wrote:No he is wrong, this might be okay for the iphone version but not the WP7 version! It became worse since version 3 and i have NO other apps running. Yes i can restart the game every 10mins but this cant be the solution!

All other games and apps - even those with 3d gfx etc. - run smooth, not matter how long you play.

Ever heard of memory leak? Its always a software issue.

Ios players also has RAM and buffer memory problem, too.
hope you understand.
<<

Geistrad

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:49 pm

increasing RAM problems over time is normally a sign of bad implementation .... make sure you make it possible for the garbage collector of the system to be able to clean up the non-used references ... it rather seems to me that the developers are not used to the framework.
well yes it is quite different from iOS or Android ... but nonetheless bad implementation

Return to Windows Phone 7 Version