FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

cant update on htc hd7

<<

lncognito

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:36 pm

cant update on htc hd7

I'm unable to update my haypi kingdom. It gives me an error when I try that says there's a problem with th license. I've been trying to get it to work for a long while. Unless anyone has any suggestions, I think I'll be quitting. This whole update thing is ridiculous, itbis completely unfairbto windows users. Any progress I've made will be gone if I log in now anyways. I was rank 200 when I last logged in, but
even if I get this to work, my armybprestige and all my resources will be gone. Any help will be appreciated.
<<

tandersroc

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:40 pm

Re: cant update on htc hd7

lncognito wrote:I'm unable to update my haypi kingdom. It gives me an error when I try that says there's a problem with th license. I've been trying to get it to work for a long while. Unless anyone has any suggestions, I think I'll be quitting. This whole update thing is ridiculous, itbis completely unfairbto windows users. Any progress I've made will be gone if I log in now anyways. I was rank 200 when I last logged in, but
even if I get this to work, my armybprestige and all my resources will be gone. Any help will be appreciated.

Well thats actually a WP7 problem.

Did you try it afterwards? When I used to get those I would just delete the update that "failed" to get it out of my queue because the game itself would actually be updated. If you haven't already I'd try opening haypi and see what version it says.

Unfortunately the only way to really get rid of that problem is to do a hard reset. :(
<<

lncognito

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:14 pm

A hard reset? Like reboot entire phone? The version info says 2.14, and I can't get the update to work. It always says the download or installation has a license problem :(. If I need to do a hard reset how would I do that?
<<

tandersroc

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:19 pm

lncognito wrote:A hard reset? Like reboot entire phone? The version info says 2.14, and I can't get the update to work. It always says the download or installation has a license problem :(. If I need to do a hard reset how would I do that?

Yes, its a full reboot. You'll have to put everything back on (at least music, apps, etc. Contacts and whatnot sync to the cloud).

If you haven't already I'd try a soft reset of the phone first. Just hold down the power button, turn it off, turn it back on. Throwing a battery pull in there for good measure probably wouldn't hurt.

If that doesn't work you'll probably have to do the hard reset. You go settings, about phone, then reset phone at the bottom.
<<

lncognito

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:54 pm

Thanks, I'll try both of those I think... Not sure if a hard reset is worth the price of admission. If the soft reset doesn't work I may throw in the towel
<<

lncognito

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:12 pm

The reset worked =D. And I managed to log in before my army died. And with following the advice in other threads to work past the glitchy load screens I was able to get it to work =D. Now I'm only 2 days behind which isn't too bad. Would just likebto say thanks alot!

Return to Windows Phone 7 Version