Re: Server 44 Expert Nominations Discussion

Nominate lifehunter!!
Server 44 Lifehunter(EXPERT)
Server 52 timeboss3 (ACTIVE)
<<

Raptors1

Post Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:11 am

Yes I know I was inscribe for 3 days sorry I was on a snowboard trip and I had no wifi lol
But I'm back on again
<<

Raptors1

Post Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:12 am

Raptors1 wrote:Yes I know I was inscribe for 3 days sorry I was on a snowboard trip and I had no wifi lol
But I'm back on again

Inactive* lol
<<

SunsetDawn

Post Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:54 pm

QueenofNo wrote:I think three experts are warranted -- three who have little connection with each other -- who are online mostly at different times.

Friendships and alliances are made and broken daily -- for example just a few days ago Mustang posted this:

"I wanna announce a crazy idea, I've contacted the nominees for expert. I think that instead of voting on one let's vote on 2! I think myself (Mustang82) and Raptors1 would make an amazing expert combo. We both have substantial amounts of votes so we are well liked and we both get along very well. This is the most logical solution"

Now Mustang is nominating someone else in the nominations thread. Oddly someone who was vocal in his disappointment that Mustang became expert and who has already, like Mustang, in the nominations thread nominated Raptors:

"I would like to change my nomination to Raptors1. He is very helpful to people who have questions and seems like a good guy."

I think whoever is making the decisions should try and avoid appointing more experts that are easily swayed by peer/alliance pressure...and try to not appoint experts from within the same alliance or who have a strong connection to one another -- and especially ones who seem to be making and breaking deals to support each other for expert.

I've seen a lot of scheming, conniving, posturing, pretending, and demonstrations of faux helpful attitudes in the race to the riches of expert. It's not unlike real world politics in any regard -- with one exception: the expert is charged with an unbiased enforcement of the TOS as well as being a mentor to less knowledgeable players... and there are very few players who have demonstrated the maturity to offer both. So, let's wish us all luck in our playing experience with the upcoming experts -- we need it.

I agree with this. An example of someone who is posturing and demonstrating helpful attitudes is John~. He makes the game UNBEARABLE for people with all his 'I have screenshots' and 'no swearing' and all that CRAP. Many people have MUTED HIM since he's such an ANNOYANCE! DON'T NOMINATE JOHN!
I think koarandy and Mustang82 should be experts, anybody second this?
<<

SunsetDawn

Post Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:55 pm

Lifehunter wrote:Nominate lifehunter!!

You just kicked yourself out of the contest for nominating yourself....
<<

QueenofNo

Beginner

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:33 am

SunsetDawn wrote:
Lifehunter wrote:Nominate lifehunter!!

You just kicked yourself out of the contest for nominating yourself....

And didn't you join the alliance of the person you suddenly nominated?
<<

Jenna*

Post Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:49 pm

I for one think we need a new expert, not that there's anything wrong with the expert we have now. I think everyone should nominate robjes vice of mirage.
<<

_Yung_

Post Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:16 pm

Jenna* wrote:I for one think we need a new expert, not that there's anything wrong with the expert we have now. I think everyone should nominate robjes vice of mirage.

Yes I agree he's very active and a GREAT helper. He knows a lot bout the game and is ver experienced. So I nominate Robjes for expert
<<

Staven

Post Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:45 pm

If u guys want to nominate Robjes u got to do that in the other thread... this is the disussion thread ;)
<<

Nefarluh

Post Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:03 pm

Robjes is a very good choice for expert of S44, he's online and very helpful. He also takes the time and makes sure he's helped you completely and fully, to where you aren't left wondering what just happened. Caring about the help you give is caring about the person receiving it. I'd much rather get help from someone who is ready to listen to my concern and help me to the best of his capabilities. Otherwise, he always follows the rules, and makes sure they are followed in chat.
PreviousNext

Return to Server 44 Expert Nominations