FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Server 44 Expert Nominations Discussion

Moderator: Shadetale

<<

Byrne13

Post Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:11 am

Re: Server 44 Expert Nominations Discussion

For fear of bringing down the wrath (and catapults) of those who don't agree, I would also like to add Link209 to the list of possible expert candidates. From what I have seen, he already makes an effort to reprimand inappropriate world chat language/ implied messages, along with the usual "helpful, etc, etc" that would characterize a potential expert. This being only my experience, however, it is not my place to say if he is a "model" Haypi player all the time, and expect, as is normal, some amount of resistance from supporters of other candidates.

At my own foolish risk,

ByrneValient
<<

QueenofNo

Beginner

Post Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:24 am

Sa817 wrote:I'd like to take a moment to respond to the nomination of QueenofNo. While I do not argue that she has been playing a long time and that she knows the rules of the game, I'd personally much prefer a player in good standing with the majority of our server, which she is not. Many people dislike her due to her condescending and provocative nature. She consistently picks fights in World Chat and is, from what I have heard, rather distasteful in Alliance Chat as well.

I have no doubt that QueenofNo would misuse the title of Expert to her own (and her alliance's) advantage. Not only do I believe she would abuse the privilege, I believe she would laud it over player's heads as a constant threat.

While I do not dislike Queen as a person, as a player I think she is a poor nominee for Expert. She and I often have differing opinions and I rarely express them with foul language; I could easily see her muting anyone who openly disagrees with her.

In sum, although she may be a knowledgeable player, she lacks the necessary social skills such as tact, courtesy, and respectfulness that the title of Expert requires. I believe It would be a mistake to give her the privilege of that status.

How nice! You really are making good on your threats. What's next, an ad in the Wall Street Journal?

Meanwhile, it's ironic that I've been the most vocal on S44 about Haypi requiring moderators to moderate based on the TOS, and not personal opinion and you're being so disingenuous on the topic because you have a grudge. I think you were present on WC when I argued with an expert that threatening someone with a mute because they didn't "act normal" was inappropriate. Likewise when experts tried to moderate people for writing in all caps (yes, it's annoying, but unless they are spamming, it's not mutable) I spoke up. Again I spoke up when an expert claimed they were allowed to warn and mute just because someone typed in a language other than English. And still yet I spoke up when I saw an expert trying to provoke a chronic potty mouth into profanity so that they could be muted. I followed through with all of my concerns with support.

Oddly, it was just several weeks ago on WC that you were claiming to everyone that you and I were so alike (no one else saw it, but you were oh so insistent), and now suddenly, when it suits you, I'm so horrid? We can all see how the facts are subject to change to meet your needs and wishes and perverse agendas.

While I might enjoy a good debate (it's a backbone to a good war), I have always defended everyone's right to have their own subjective opinions. However, substituting opinion for fact is something I loathe. And that is all you've done. But, this is a discussion for which opinion is relevant, so I think most people will find it easy to gauge the fact to opinion ratio in your statements and use your opinion for what it's worth. :)

In my opinion, your continued libelous remarks are nothing more than another arrow that falls short from your bully bag of tricks.
<<

SunsetDawn

Post Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:23 pm

I do not wish to quote all the above threads for fear of having a post that is too long.
First of all, I agree with Pirate04 and Lisa8419. Whenever I walk into world chat I see QueenOfNo belittling someone, usually an Expert. This happened once with her and SirKal against Robjes, who I think everyone knows is an Expert. When I stepped in to intervene QueenOfNo outwardly displayed hatred towards me and also called me multiple names in alliance chat. For example: stupid and vindictive; poisonous socially; contradictory; twists everything you say. When I was in an old alliance, in our alliance chat, we were talking about QueenOfNo at one point, when Queen was yet again causing debates and fights in world chat. I remember this clearly. I will not say names but I can remember clearly that I and two other people that were online all agreed that we didn't like Queen. That was all we said; we did not mention insults like Queen did in her alliance chat; we did not start an insult war; we just said 'I don't like Queen.'
Secondly, when I see Queen in world chat, she is usually insulting someone. As stated above, she was arguing about how Robjes did not deserve Expert. She also claimed she would do a much better job. She also said this about Mustang a long time ago, but it was not displayed as directly as her argument to Robjes. She directly said: 'Do not be fooled; Mustang is a weasel.'
As far as I can tell, she claims to be better than everyone made Expert already, and cuts down/belittles anything in her way. As stated in above posts, she insults Lisa and puts an emoticon at the end to add insult to injury as if Queen was laughing in Lisa's face. This is a serious discussion, not one for mere childish behaviour.
Lastly, not only I agree on this but multiple people do; Queen does not deserve to be Expert. I also can see her muting anyone who argues with her. She dislikes me greatly already and I can already tell she would mute me even if I wasn't talking in world chat.
I hope that Haypi staff can understand our pleas not to have Queen made Expert, and the only people that want her to be are people that are generally unliked such as herself and other people; I do not want to point fingers at these particular people.
----
On the other topic, I do agree Scarygreat is the most noticeable expert on world chat these days, but you have to agree with me; Experts have lives. They can not devote their full time to HK. Mustang, Robjes and Scarygreat are all very kind and helpful on world chat. I do not notice Sauscony but it could just be time zones.
Lifehunter is doing an ok job at Expert but I am still disappointed with how he became Expert in the first place by nominating himself so many times.
I do expect Queen to give me a rebuking for all this, but I can agree with Pirate, Lisa and koarandy; Queen does not deserve Expert.
And just so everyone knows I put thought into this: This was typed from an iPod Touch, not a computer or laptop.
<<

SunsetDawn

Post Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:28 pm

I apologize for double posting, but I am not on a computer. I can not scroll down when I tried to edit the above post, realizing I had made a mistake, so I am forced to post again.
Once I reach a computer I shall delete this post and edit the above one. Until then.
---
I apologize for the above post, where I incorrectly stated Lisa instead of Sa. I meant to say Sa instead of Lisa for when I mentioned the emote part of the post.
Sorry for the confusion and the double post.
<<

Link209

Conqueror

Post Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:24 am

Arythy wrote:Hi guys, there is way too much quarreling going on here. You are free to continue of course, just remember that this is a game, with a purpose to have fun; this debate with its personal attacks and other disagreements doesn't seem like too much fun.

Enjoy your Haypiing! :D

Welcome to sever 44....
Lurking. Send me a pm if ya want to talk :)

Thunderball
Need help? Click Here

Haypi Fish Beginners FAQ/Guide
<<

SunsetDawn

Post Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:10 pm

Link209 wrote:
Arythy wrote:Hi guys, there is way too much quarreling going on here. You are free to continue of course, just remember that this is a game, with a purpose to have fun; this debate with its personal attacks and other disagreements doesn't seem like too much fun.

Welcome to sever 44....

Lol how true hmm?
<<

Arythy

Conqueror

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:26 pm

Link209 wrote:

Welcome to sever 44....

Can't wait to be merged with you guys... >_<

Edit: There had better not be any of this nonsense in S111. ;)
"If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

Haypi Support Emails:

KingdomSupport@Haypi.com.

Thunderball@Haypi.com.

FishSupport@Haypi.com.

DragonSupport@Haypi.com.
<<

PandaFun

Marquis

Post Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:53 pm

Ex-Expert s64 (116) and 86
<<

SkyDreamer

Lord

Post Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:27 pm

Please don't necropost or post uselessly, s44 is s111 now and your post doesn't have meaning...
SkyDreamer - Retired Expert s59 (115) + 82

~Tease~
<<

nIcKrOx

Warlord

Post Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:01 pm

Im pretty sure its cuz panda just read all that stuff on queenofno :lol:
\-Haypi Kingdom-/
Server102-King
Server83-1st Earl
-----------------------------------------
\-Haypi Monster-/
Server2-Lvl 19

May his noodly appendages keep us from floating up to the sky.
Ramen.

FSM
PreviousNext

Return to Server 44 Expert Nominations