FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Notifications? Dear God, Please!

<<

Tilemaker

Post Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:57 am

Notifications? Dear God, Please!

once again, i come to the forum to ask about something support should be able to answer. it appears as though they are busy with other things (my favorite is them throwing a nerf football to each other) so i need someone to possibly help me if there is any way in this universe that it is "doable."

i get notifications for attacks and the like. but....it's on my ipad and a samsung stratosphere. now, i rarely use the samsung since it's a wifi only phone and the ipad is hardly ever used since the screen is so big i feel like i'm playing video poker for the elderly.

the phone in question is the htc thunderbolt. i have searched, i have asked anyone i can think of, i have even spoke directly to my phone...all with the same results, nothing. i would love to be able to receive notifications on my thunderbolt since it is my primary device and i love the phone.

is there an app out there that will help me? is there something i can do? there is another post i read through that mentioned a lot of stuff to check such as notifications, alerts, task manager...all of that has been rifled through and i found nil. in fact, my wrist hurts from looking so long through all the settings...and my eyes started bleeding about 10 minutes ago.

if anyone can help me, i will be indebted to them for all eternity (please keep in mind that there isn't much i can give to pay back) but please don't let that deter you from helping.

i thought i knew a lot about phones but this one has trump'ed me (not like i got rich off it though) so anyone that can oust my best guess will be my hero. thanks to all who reply. :)
<<

support9

Elite

Post Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:42 am

Re: Notifications? Dear God, Please!

Hi,
We've checked our notification system. It's stable and working fine.
Also you've also proved that there's no problem with push notifications on both of your iPad and sumsung phone, because you can receive them with no problem.
The problem is with your htc thunderbolt(new phone).According to your description, we are here requesting you to check and confirm the following points:
The detailed ways to turn on push notification varies on diversified phones.
Step One: Necessary Confirmation and Knowledge
i. make sure your andriod firmware version is updated to 2.2 or above(your phone meets this requirement)
ii. make sure your cellphone is registered with a gmail account. You are unable to receive the notification from google notification unless you've linked your gmail account to that particular device. Google notification only sends push notification to gmail user. (we've checked and confirmed that there's only one gmail account registered with your devices. Please try to register not only your old sumsung phone but also your new htc phone. A new and valid gmail account is recommended. )
iii. Some cellphone service providers might register with google notification for their users by using the same gmail account. Google notification will automatically regarded those email addresses as the only one email address. You can also check and confirm with your cellphone service provider.
Step Two: Get your phone registered
Besides the mentioned situations, you should also make sure the device is registered,please follow the steps to register your gmail account to your android device:
i. confirm there's SIM card in your phone and wifi/3g etc. Internet connection availableb.
ii.Please go to Menu->Settings->Applications->Manageapplications->Google Apps-> Cleardatac.
iii. then Go to settings->data synchronization, you may follow the instruction and resiger your google account with the phone
Step Three: Turn On Push Notification
You can turn on your push notification by going to Phone Settings-Notification(details you can refer to phone forum or user manual of your phone) my HTC is not among thunderbolt series the steps of settings up notification are just FRI.
settings->data synchronization>auto synchronization>add and register gmail account>tick on all boxes.

Happy New Year and hope this post will be helpful for you.
<<

Tilemaker

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:24 am

Dear support9,

I followed all of your instructions to the T and have yet to get anything to work on this phone. I did notice you stated to maybe make a new gmail...now, if I make a new gmail, will alerts go to both gmail accounts? And my phone is set up to sync gmail every night so I know it's linked. It is the Same gmail used for the sanding phone. I'm thinking maybe it is something to where hk alerts are not yet compatible with the thunderbolt? I've been told by other thunderbolt users that they also don't get alerts.
<<

Strikerman

Citizen

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:54 pm

I too have a thunderbolt and do not receive notifications. With most apps you open then hit 'menu' and 'settings' then choose to receive notifications. It isn't possible to do this with Haypi. I receive notifications on my iPad, but don't have wi-fi at home so that doesn't help.
Strikerman S90
Zymase S602
<<

Spellslord

Baron

Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:05 am

does your gmail account have to be same as your accounts email?
Server 103-Spellslord-Active
<<

~Haze~

Post Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:14 pm

Hi my problem with the notifications is that my email seems to be linked with another acc?I have tried to find out wich one but no success....
I really need my email to be used on the acc I'm playing and making a new email doesn't feels right since my purchased apps are linked to my google acc
How to procced?
<<

support9

Elite

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:23 am

Tilemaker wrote:Dear support9,

I followed all of your instructions to the T and have yet to get anything to work on this phone. I did notice you stated to maybe make a new gmail...now, if I make a new gmail, will alerts go to both gmail accounts? And my phone is set up to sync gmail every night so I know it's linked. It is the Same gmail used for the sanding phone. I'm thinking maybe it is something to where hk alerts are not yet compatible with the thunderbolt? I've been told by other thunderbolt users that they also don't get alerts.

Hi Tilemaker,
We've checked and found that there's one of your android devices has been registered to the push notification.
You may pm me with further question and confirm whether that gmail account is linked to your Thunderbolt or your previous android device.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Steps: Setting-programs-messaging settings-notification
1Settings-
2 Synchronization
3.data synchronization+auto synchronization
4. register gmail account and then tick on all boxes.
<<

support9

Elite

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:28 am

Strikerman wrote:I too have a thunderbolt and do not receive notifications. With most apps you open then hit 'menu' and 'settings' then choose to receive notifications. It isn't possible to do this with Haypi. I receive notifications on my iPad, but don't have wi-fi at home so that doesn't help.

Hi Stikerman,
Could you please kindly screenshot or take a photo of the push set-up menu on your htc thundrbolt? We'll take a further check.
BTW, please confirm and make sure you've registered your phone with a valid gmail account first. Coz we've checked and found there's no registered gmail account to the push notification yet.
<<

support9

Elite

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:29 am

Spellslord wrote:does your gmail account have to be same as your accounts email?

Hi,
The gmail account should be a valid one, however, to register your phone to google push service is different from the process of your haypi account registration.
<<

support9

Elite

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:32 am

~Haze~ wrote:Hi my problem with the notifications is that my email seems to be linked with another acc?I have tried to find out wich one but no success....
I really need my email to be used on the acc I'm playing and making a new email doesn't feels right since my purchased apps are linked to my google acc
How to procced?

we've checked and confirmed that there's one gmail account registered to the push notification, please pm us so that we can check and confirm whether that account is linked to your current device etc.
Meanwhile, please note point3 in my first reply:
iii. Some cellphone service providers might register with google notification for their users by using the same gmail account. Google notification will automatically regarded those email addresses as the only one email address. You can also check and confirm with your cellphone service provider.
Next

Return to Android Version