opinions, as you will hear mine.

As an absolute lover of Haypi I've followed it, server to server. On
my Android I love how I can still receive free coins (Even though
there's not really any free. SILLY TAPJOY!), it helps me when I have
none and need an Emergency Recall! Like when you realize your enemy
unhinged 40,000 cats! Not to leave out the cleanly cut and wonderfully
responsive map, even though its of a "Pull and flip" instead of a
quicker scrolling map, its easy, non-laggy, easy to read and
beautiful. The Leader-boards are also easily accessible and update quickly.
I had a surprisingly hard time coming up with good things Because Haypi
in its entirely is just amazing and well put-together by a great and attentive staff.

Section 2: Suggestions

As a player of both the Apple products and Android, I think a few things should "cross the Pacific" and settle in the Android version.

-If your sending an action from a city, you will only see the notification in Actions or when in that city. Like Apple products, it should be placed on the top, in red, with coordinates. e.g [color=#FF0000]City Name: Attacking:100,50 > 600,600 would show which city the action is coming from: What the action is: where its going or coming from.[/color]
- I would also suggest (I'm not sure if there are prior contracts and or obligations with Tapjoy, Inc.) getting rid of Free Coins because there are practically NO FREE coins.
- The spelling and grammar is not up to par ( Sorry if it's just me. I am an English expert and have always been great and precise with grammar. Watch someone find 1000 mistakes after me saying this), and I understand why, as we all do not speak English as out first language. I have noticed many small things from "Turrents" on your wall, 'Command' instead of viewing Alliance Wars to 'Cmmnd' when you tap a unit when not commanding an AW. (I understand these are small and i believe Tracy stated they'd be fixed for Apple products)
-I would also suggest a cleaner Command page, like on Apple products.
-I think the view point in cities should be pulled back. Up higher for smaller buildings but more space viewed. This should make it much easier to navigate and reduce lag from animated buildings/bird
-Also with the Command page, I'd like the commands to not reset to what they were the round before when you select the unit. Ex. round one: Infantry Wait. Round 2: Infantry 'Forward'. *Select Infantry again*. Reverts Infantry to 'Wait'.
-There should be a Warning before upgrading techs
- Lastly, an overall, better 'Alliance' page. There should be a way to see each members Contribution and most players aren't aware the Members List is in order from Most Contribution to Least. A rank would help players. I also think the Buy Resources and Market should be voided out and unelectable (For non Vice-Leaders; Leaders), instead of selecting them, attempting to purchase things off of the Market for your Alliance (Not a Vice-Leader;Leader) instead of saying "Treasure is Not Enough".

Section 3: Bugs and Issues

Non Vice-Leaders;Leaders have equal right to command as the Vice-Leaders;Leaders. Ex. If I hit "Command" first for the Alliance, I command and cant be over-thrown. This works even with Vice-Leaders;Leaders are on.

Adds players to both Block and Friends list, not allowing them to be deleted off of either. This is not only a nuisance but occasionally restricts Experts on Androids to mute players. (It says "Remove from block list" but when that's selected it has no affect). Luckilly for me, I also have an iPod and iPad to use if necessary. (This issue happens quite a lot). Also when muting from android, no Admin message shows.

This may only be on Server 64 but the maximum price for scepters is $229,520 when it should be $400,000.

The Battle Field (Mine Map) is messy and screwy. You can see the entire map, as it stops scrolling. The following Mine Numbers are hard to view:
No. 3, No. 15, No. 20 (Terrible), No. 19. The following are only slightly obscured: No. 19, No. 16, No. 7.
-You can also not Scout Mines, you can only see the Mine Log.

Section 4: Ending

Haypi is the best thing to come to Androids. It's the FarmVille to FaceBook, the Flour in a Cake. I accidentally came across Haypi but am so proud to use this as such a wonderfully joyful pastime.

The communities i have belonged to were filled with great, helpful players and backed up by a great Support staff. (GO TRACY, ANGELA, VICKY, WIONNA, ICEY, Apple, THOMAS [< Hes not really support is he..], AND DAVID! Sorry for those names I don't have memorized but thank you any-ways!

I hope this brings light to somethings that need to be upgraded for we, 'Androiders'.

I worked hard on this so please don't bash me, But as always:

LEAVE COMMENTS, QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS BELOW!

:)
Last edited by PandaFun on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ex-Expert s64 (116) and 86
<<

support1

Elite

Post Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:24 am

Re: My Review of Haypi-Android Gameplay + Suggestions

Thanks for your heartfelt post. Bravo!

Return to Android Version