FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

What sucks most about haypi?

<<

Logan910

Post Wed May 23, 2012 9:45 pm

What sucks most about haypi?

What do you dislike most about haypi? Is it the annoying server problems? Is it the lack of any product upgrades? Is the horrible customer service? There are many fine choices to pick from, but vote or only your biggest complaint. Let's see what people think!

My biggest dislike is that haypi has done nothing to improve the game recently.
<<

Taem96

Conqueror

Post Wed May 23, 2012 10:27 pm

Re: What sucks most about haypi?

So it is well known that one of my favorite things about haypi is the community, but it's also responsible for one of the things I dislike most.

It pains me when I see most of the posts on these forums are complaints where there used to be more posts about tactics And gameplay questions. Those were the days when you'd find 20 new posts a day and people nearly competed to discuss their views on said subjects.

A brief look at the first page on these forums will betray the contempt people hold for the game as their haypi careers age.

This happens to be my greatest pet peeve as I truly believe it's the community that makes this game great. I have never thought the actual gameplay was very substantial, in fact, it is very boring 97% of the time (I can't lie, even now I enjoy the rush of sending an attack for big pres, or bracing for an attack, poised to crush the simple minded aggressor. But this happens like 3% of the time spent playing), and to be honest, it's not like haypi spent much resources on graphic quality and sound.

This is why I feel it to be the responsibility of us, the gamers, to make this game great, and there are clearly times when negativity detracts from our games, be it complaints about bugs or hackers acting foolish or anything else that can or has happened.

I won't argue there are problems that need to be addressed, or that bugs may be especially vicious and costly at times, but the reality is in the 20 years or so I've been using computers, these kinds of issues have been commonplace, so I not only expect them, but am never surprised by them.

But when people ignore policies and cloud their (and others') lives with negativity, it detracts from my experience, which is why I feel the way I do. For instance, when people publicly claim that the company does nothing to imprOve the game, they are blatantly ignoring or are ignorant of the fact that haypi has implemented numerous features that improved the game as well as the fact that any bug you could ever think of that has occured in this game has been fixed, including the late, great, "famine bug," which while particularly nasty, is not the worst bug that I remember.

EDIT: I've just reread my post and I've decided it may come off as inflammatory which is NOT my intention. For that I will preemptively apologize, but please understand, dear poster, that just this week, haypi wa updating their servers ( to benefit YOUR playing experience) when something went wrong, as something's always do (according to Murphy) and while their good intentions screwed up a lot of people, they thusly corrected their mistake (improving all of our games) as w ell as offering some retribution (which they've NEVER done before). It would do well to keep this in mind.
<<

The_MuKu

Marquis

Post Wed May 23, 2012 11:54 pm

It pains me when I see most of the posts on these forums are complaints where there used to be more posts about tactics And gameplay questions. Those were the days when you'd find 20 new posts a day and people nearly competed to discuss their views on said subjects.

I think it's hard for people to flesh out new conversation about tactics and gameplay when it has been over a year since there has been any change to actual gameplay for the players. And that change in gameplay a year ago--with mines--most people dislike so much they are not going to spend the time to discuss what little strategy there is.

For instance, when people publicly claim that the company does nothing to imprOve the game, they are blatantly ignoring or are ignorant of the fact that haypi has implemented numerous features that improved the game as well as the fact that any bug you could ever think of that has occured in this game has been fixed, including the late, great, "famine bug," which while particularly nasty, is not the worst bug that I remember.

While I'm not denying that Haypi do a tremendous job with their game there is some truth to the lack of game improvement. Haypi has told us about them updating servers a number of times since I started playing the game but: they never warned their players of potential down time in the transition, and crashes continue to plague users. Although I have never personally cared about said crashes they do bother many people. Also let's think about the haste with which Haypi does patch their bugs which can scarcely be considered haste at all. In the time it took Haypi do fix their troop glitch problem I believe they developed 2 other complete games. This was a problem that led to much of the hostility and problems within the Haypi community that exist still today.

so I not only expect them, but am never surprised by them.
Er....aren't those the same things? If anything it should go in the other order "I not only am not surprised by them, but I expect them". Just giving you a hard time :P

I've just reread my post and I've decided it may come off as inflammatory which is NOT my intention.

No worries lol. Didn't you want discussion? Conflicting ideas are what induces discussion!

What do you dislike most about haypi?

I absolutely love the game of Haypi. As Taem said, it isn't necessarily the game play itself as there are many games of this type out there possibly with better gameplay, graphics, and support. But there's something about Haypi that makes you unable to let go. Even those who quit never actually quit, they're always in contact with the great friends they have made in the game. But, if I were to answer this question (and I'm about to), I would have to say what has been bothering me the most is the developer's lack of gameplay additions. The people who have been loyal and playing this game for a year+ are locked into a mundane sort of reality with no additions and changes to make the game interesting to them. We play for the people but not the game. There are hundreds of suggestions out there and they need only coding, which I have faith in the Haypi developers to do (as they have created three other games since the last gameplay update in HK). I guess my big issue is that Haypi needs to realize their relationship with us is a give and a take. There are many, many people who would agree they spend too much on this game (myself included). But we do it because we think Haypi will give a return on our investment. They will continue to develop the game and add features and improve play so that the money we spend is not wasted when we have no other option but to quit the game out of complete boredom.
Haypi Kingdom
MuKu s66/s119 inactive
The_MuKu s84/125/134 active
King_MuKu s603 inactive

Haypi Monster
The_MuKu s2 active
<<

JamesKer1

Baron

Post Thu May 24, 2012 12:09 am

If there was a like button taem, I would like ur post :)
<<

Tl1ll1M

Post Thu May 24, 2012 2:44 am

I absolutely agree with all those responses, u guys r right onmy only complaint would b that i keep missing the start of pvp
TlIIllIM s95
<<

support1

Elite

Post Thu May 24, 2012 3:07 am

The new update is still under development and please be patient. HK is one of our most important projects and we need to make sure everything is gorgeous before it is released.
<<

Usalous

Marquis

Post Thu May 24, 2012 4:35 am

I dislike the mines. Mostly the glitches in the mine function. I hate that there is no press rank. I also hate the time it takes to get new update after seeing how fast dragon gets them.

I like the community. Chat. People and how haypi is a place to go when ur board for free! Lol.
<<

Legit333

Marquis

Post Thu May 24, 2012 8:15 am

I love how this thread ment to be derogatory and it came for the better of Haypi. Haters will hate, but Haypi is still awesome.

<<

Hotknight3

Post Fri May 25, 2012 2:04 am

I've got Haypi all figured out. Its a Hayponzi Scheme:0 they take your money, so they can underpay experts $1/day to control those servers. They then take ur $ and open NEW servers, where they can take NEW suckers' $, to hire MORE experts, yada yada yada. And then eventually (about 2 yrs ago) Support sits back and takes 4-7 months to respond to player complaints.

Sincerely, s10's favorite,
Hotknight
<<

upchuck

Post Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:16 am

I used to love the game, the chat, the fights on chat and and all the rest of the crap that happens. I got a Samsung 4 around Christmas and when I installed haypi it wouldn't work properly and some of my screen was white but was still somewhat playable. I emailed support in march about the problem. Weeks later they got back and apologized and said the problem would be fixed a.s.a.p. from there the problem got worse, my screen went completely white and could no longer get the daily gift. I emailed again and got no response. Myself and lots of other players have the same problem and the same the same response from support (none).So now I play poker and a few other games because right now EVERYTHING sucks about hay pi. Wouldn't put a penny into the game if that was all it costed. Ain't worth a pot to piss in.

Return to General Discussion